The important step of a cooking is preparation. And without chopping and cutting no preparation is complete, unless the dish is a dessert. Though, even in dessert, chopping board and knives has a part to play. Don’t we chop fruits and dry fruits? The cut of an ingredient adds important texture to the dishes.
But, do know these pieces of ingredients should also stay hygienic. And a chopping board maintains this feature. We are here to talk about this product- best chopping board in India.
So guys here we go with the 10 best chopping boards in India and every detail you should know about the chopping board.
You can also find best gas lighter for kitchen in India quite useful.
Best chopping board in India
What if you get a chopping board recommended by Professional chefs? Bulfyss Large Natural Bamboo Wood chopping board is chef recommended vegetable cutting board.
Made with top grade organic bamboo, this cutting board is ideal for all types of cutting and even serving food. It is sleek, stylish and sturdy.
- Recommended by professionals.
- Built with top grade organic bamboo rich with anti-bacterial properties.
- 100% BPA free, chemical free and non-toxic product.
- Sturdy board with stylish and sleek design.
- Would not split or warp because of heavy blows.
- Leaves no scratches or marks.
- Features easy to hold and carry handle.
- It is heavy in weight.
- This vegetable cutting bamboo board is pricey.
- Has a strong wooden smell.
This vegetable cutting board from AB Sales is counted among the best for its composition and impressive features. It is light in weight and has soft on knife texture. But, at the same time this chopping board is sturdy enough to do all kinds of cutting and chopping without getting warped.
And yes, it can be a good serving platter for your culinary creations.
- Sturdy bamboo wood built makes it strong and durable.
- Light in weight but can withstand heavy blows.
- Very long-lasting and environment friendly.
- Has an aluminum handle for easy hold and to hook on for storage.
- It is easy to clean which dry up fast.
- Perfect for home cooks and professionals.
- Price lies in budget.
- The size of the board is small.
- For being a bamboo board it requires oiling with food grade mineral oil.
In search of a hardwood chopping board? Then, Made in Modern Acacia is perfect for you. Its round shaped paddled design fits easily on your kitchen platform. And its elegant, rich dark colors with contrasting pattern enhance your kitchen decor. And if you are searching a gift, it is one of the best options.
- Constructed from Acacia hardwood.
- Imparts a dark rich elegant look with contrasting pattern.
- Has lifetime longevity.
- Round paddled shape fits easily on kitchen platform.
- Built with reversible design.
- Perfect as serving platter and rolling out dough.
- Safe on knives.
- Not built from a single block of wood.
- Rich dark color may fade after few washes.
- Price may exceed budget.
- Not made from a single block of wood.
Amazon has brought its own cutting and chopping board made from premium quality food grade polypropylene. In simple words, it is a plastic chopping board that is easy to use and clean. You know what; you can wash it in a dishwasher. It is handy, sleek that fits comfortably on the kitchen platform.
In spite of being made form plastic, this board has anti-skid bottom. So, there is no chance of any slipping.
- Made from high quality food grade polypropylene that can endure regular wear and tear.
- Has rugged surface with anti-skid bottom.
- The coarse texture gives a firm grip and controls the application of pressure on wrist.
- Sleek and light in weight.
- Fits budget.
- Leaves marks of chopping and cutting after use.
- May blunt the knife after a prolonged use.
- Small in size.
Nothing can beat bamboo in terms of class, function and sheerness. So, HOKIPO has used this material in its chopping board to present a classy, durable and functional cutting and chopping board to the users. Though the chopping board has many features, but two are remarkable.
First, is the juice groove that catches the juice of the ingredients and prevent spillage. And, the second feature lies in its reversible design. The board can be used on both sides. If want, it can be your serving platter.
- Made with bamboo that is sturdy and durable.
- Has a drip groove on one side that catches juice and prevents spillage.
- Reversible design ensures cutting on one side.
- Has a silicone finger hole for easy holding and non-slip grip.
- Has no added dyes and stains that makes it toxin free.
- Has a natural anti-bacterial property.
- Safe on knives.
- The board can have splinters in some places.
- Size is small.
This stainless steel board by Oranize Mee is not a chopping board only. It is a kitchen utility board. On it you can chop veggies, cut meat. You can even use it for kneading and rolling out chapattis, parantha, puri or any kind of dough.
And for cleaning, put it in your dishwasher or wash like you wash other utensils. Now think how hygienic it is and why one of the best stainless steel chopping board!
- Made with food grade sturdy stainless steel.
- Free from bacteria, mold, mildew and any kind of odor.
- Reversible design ascertains both side can be used.
- Ergonomic design for carrying and storing.
- Very long lasting and rustproof.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Available in various sizes.
- Can blunt your knife after a period of time.
- It is expensive.
- Thin and heavy.
Among the best rated bamboo wooden chopping board. JB KIARA Textiles thick board is a noted name. And the reason lies in its composition and feature. This board fits conveniently on your kitchen platform where you can do all kinds of chopping and cutting. And its 1.8 m thickness prevents any warping, cracking.
- Has a sturdy, durable wooden bamboo built
- Suitable to use on both sides.
- Extra thickness prevents cracking and warping.
- Has an aluminum handle fixed for easy handling and storage.
- Very light and easy to clean.
- Small in size.
- Handle may have a bent.
How about a seasoned Acacia hardwood chopping board? Really its contrasting patterns and dark color would look gorgeous in kitchen. Want to have it, then it is here from the house of Webhushi.
This wooden vegetable cutting board has a solid construction meant to have a lifelong longevity. At the same time, its low wear and tear adds life span to the cutting tools, too. And now, the ingredients they remain safe and contamination free.
- Has a durable Acacia hardwood construction.
- Has a lifelong longevity.
- Dark color with contrasting pattern imparts a great look.
- Food safe polish and Matt Lacquer finish gives protection form bacteria.
- Reversible design ensures both side use.
- Low wear and tear adds longevity to the knives.
- 3.5 inch handle ensures easy transportation.
- It is expensive.
- Heavy in weight.
Have you ever heard of a flexible chopping board? Sound unusual right. Well, this Ikea board is actually a vegetable cutting pad where you can do all types cutting and chopping.
And the best part is, you can easily tip out the ingredient without any kind of spillage. And if you buy IKEA chopping board, you will get not one but two piece of pads.
- The material of this vegetable cutting board is polypropylene.
- It is flexible.
- Easy to tip out food without spillage.
- Anti-skid underside gives a good grip.
- Very affordable, you get 2 pieces.
- Easy to clean with soap.
- Not heat resistant.
- Get scratches easily.
- May not last long.
- Very thin piece.
This cut-n-wash cutting board by Anjali is a complete chopping board set with an attached knife and in-built basket. That means you can store the cut or to-be cut products in the basket. You need no separate bowls for the storage. And the attached knife has handle for firm grip.
If you are an amateur in cutting and chopping this vegetable cutting board with attached knife will be of great help.
- Polypropylene wooden color board with attached knife and tray.
- Two sided razor sharp blade with handle for firm grip.
- Prevents your finger from cutting.
- A must-have product for amateur.
- Easy to use and clean.
- It is very affordable.
- Shorter knife.
- Cutting space is less.
- Tray has bigger holes.
- Position of the knife may cause cutting issues.
Types of Chopping Board for kitchen
Chopping boards are available in 30 different types. But, 4 of them are perfect for the Indian kitchen. Here are those 4 boards.
Wooden chopping board
This vegetable cutting board is the bestselling product all over the world. And the credit to its anti-bacterial properties that keep very piece of ingredient contamination-free and hygienic. A wooden chopping board is best for the sharpness of knives.
Now the question is, which material is best for a wooden chopping board? Well, Teakwood chopping board is the best in India. It lasts for years and requires low maintenance.
Bamboo chopping board
We often get confused between a wooden and a bamboo chopping board. And why won’t we be? After all, they are so identical in looks and features. In fact, both of them require regular oiling for quality enhancement and longevity.
But, these two chopping boards also have differences. A bamboo chopping board is harder, more sustainable and more affordable than the wooden one.
Stainless steel chopping board
Stainless steel chopping boards are known for its durability, longevity, low maintenance requirement and easy-to-clean feature. But, what makes it best is its extremely hygienic feature. A stainless steel chopping board is not devoid of demerits. A prolong use of the board makes knives blunt.
Plastic chopping board
Because of its easy-to-clean feature, plastic chopping board has a huge preference around the world. But, low quality products can lead to cross-contamination. This is why, brands have switched to premium quality food grade plastic for the manufacture.
Plastic chopping boards have a good life span, but not like bamboo ones. A plastic chopping board is god for cutting meat.
How to select a chopping board
Before selecting the best chopping board you need to keep certain things in mind. Look for following factors while buying a vegetable cutting board:
The composition of the chopping board is a vital factor to consider. The durability and efficiency totally depends on it. So, choose the material you find appropriate for your kitchen.
While choosing a chopping board you would come across two types of surface-rugged surface and smooth surface. A rugged surface board is apt for cutting and chopping juicy veggies and meat. It prevents spillage and controls the juices of ingredient. On the other hand, a smooth surface is perfect for non-juicy vegetables.
Size & dimension
Make sure you choose the chopping board of a correct size and dimension. An oversize board will have fitting issues in your kitchen.
Never compromise with the feet of the chopping board. This feature will either make your task in kitchen easy and simple or difficult. A non-skid feet ensures stable performance with no mess.
How to clean & care a chopping board
A product with poor maintenance will not work as it is supposed to. The case is same with a vegetable cutting board. Yes, it requires minimum maintenance but, it does require maintenance. The steps below will assist in the purpose
- For a wooden and a bamboo board oiling is the most essential factor. For this, you need food grade mineral oil available for the purpose. Oiling removes stains and odor, works on quality enhancement of the board, increases the life span.
- It is better to have 2 separate chopping boards for meat and veggies. If you don’t have 2 boards, use it for cutting veggies first and meat then. This prevents cross-contamination of the ingredients.
- Whatever you have cut on the board make sure to clean it as soon as the task is done. Use hot soapy water for cleaning.
- Immersion of a wooden or bamboo board in water for cleaning is strictly prohibited. Wash it with water and dry it out.
- Though a chopping board takes less space, the position of storage is important. Never keep a washed chopping board in horizontal position, it will definitely damage the board. Always keep it in a vertical position that will dry it quickly.
- To remove the stubborn stains from the board try out these hacks.
- Make a paste with 1tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of water. Apply it in the board and wash thoroughly with water.
- Or, sprinkle some salt on the board and rub with a half piece of lemon. Wash with water.
- Always use a paper towel to dry out the board.
- Wooden or bamboo chopping boards are not meant for dishwasher wash. Yes, if you have plastic or stainless steel chopping board you can wash it in dishwasher.
Which chopping and cutting board in India is the best?
If you ask which board is best in India then above mentioned 10 names are certainly the available best chopping boards in India. They are unique and distinctive in their own way. And considering their composition, efficiency and other features, here are the best of the best.
Best wooden chopping board in India– Make in Modern Acacia Wood Cutting/Serving/Chopping Board
Best bamboo chopping board in India– Bulfyss large Natural Bamboo Wood Chopping Cutting Board
Best stainless steel chopping board in India– Organize Mee Stainless Steel Chopping and Cutting Metal Board
Best plastic chopping board in India– Amazon Solimo Plastic Cutting Board
Final word – best chopping boards in India
So, guys this is all about the best chopping board. In fact, this is all about a chopping board. But, one thing whichever you choose, consider the factors and keep it under maintenance no matter, how minimum care it require.