Finally, I made the perfect crispy dosa last night. Feeling so overwhelmed! All thanks go to the recipe and my new dosa Tawa.
This South-Indian delicacy has a huge fan base across the nation. Wherever you go, you will get dosa on the menu. And why won’t it be? After, all it is one of the tasty and healthy dishes. Making a dosa is not so easy.
You need two things- the perfect recipe and a best tawa for making dosa. And this article is about the best dosa tawa in India so that you can have the dosa as I had.
Here you get Best non stick cookware in India for your kitchen.
- Top 10 best dosa tawa in India
- 1. Hawkins Futura Non-Stick Dosa tawa (NDT30)
- 2. Prestige Omega Deluxe Granite Dosa Tawa
- 3. Pigeon by Stovekraft Special Non-Stick Aluminum Flat Tawa
- 4. Amazon Solimo Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- 5. Prestige Omega Die-Cast Plus Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 6. Cello Non-Stick Dosa Tawa with Detachable Handle
- 7. IBELL 3 Layer Aluminum Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- 8. Urbanhouse Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dosa Tawa
- 9. Rock Tawa Dosa Tawa 12 inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron skillet
- 10. Carote Non-Stick Dosa Tawa
- How to choose the best non-stick tawa for dosa?
- How to take care of a dosa tawa?
- Frequently asked questions on Best Dosa Tawa in India
- Final word – Best dosa tawa in India
Top 10 best dosa tawa in India
One of the top-rated dosa tawa that received immense appreciation is the Hawkins Futura dosa tawa. Futura, the flagship brand of Hawkins, designs top-class environment-friendly cookware.
It is a hard anodised dosa tawa with the correct curvature and thickness that makes the best dosa. From chapatti to an omelet, it cooks everything with perfection.
- It has a hard anodized durable surface with sturdy stainless steel riveted handle.
- It works on gas stoves as well as induction cooktops.
- It has a high-quality non-stick coating free from PFOA.
- It comes with a 2-year of assured warranty.
- It includes a wooden spatula, a scrubber, and an instruction manual with 11 tested recipes.
- The price of this non-stick is high.
- It is heavy.
- This tawa is not dishwasher safe.
- The finish of the wooden spatula is not up to the mark.
When it is about the best non-stick tawa for dosa, how can we forget this granite dosa tawa by Prestige? It has a solid aluminum construction with 5-layer non-stick coating and a durable, scratch-resistant granite finish.
This Prestige dosa tawa has a big circumference so that you can make the large size dosa.
- It has an aluminum base with 5- layer non-stick coating.
- The scratch-resistant granite finish adds durability.
- It is metal-spoon friendly, easy to clean, dishwasher safe..
- The big circumference makes large size dosa, parantha, and other dishes.
- It works both on gas stoves and induction cooktops.
- This lightweight tawa comes with a 2-year of warranty.
- The price lies in budget.
- The surface is too smooth to spread the dosa batter evenly.
- It has a convex surface.
- It does not make crispy dosa.
Pigeon has created one of the best dosa tawa that is perfect for beginners. On this tawa, you can cook dishes dosa without creating any mess. This flat tawa for dosa has an aluminum base with 3-layer non-stick Greblon coating.
You can also make dishes like tawa pulao, kebabs on it. Don’t forget to try uttapams on this tawa.
This Pigeon tawa is popular because of it durability and easy to clean benefit. The handles are sturdy and the non-stick layers do not peel off even after a long time use.
Check out Pigeon tawa range here:
- It is a flat aluminum tawa with a 3-layer scratch–resistant non-stick Greblon coating.
- It is one of the best dosa tawa for beginners.
- It is durable tawa free from PFOA.
- Pigeon assures a 1-year warranty on this tawa.
- It is not expensive.
- Riveted handles are heavy which cannot be tightened when loosens.
- It is not that flat as it should be.
- This dosa tawa is neither induction compatible nor metal friendly.
Amazon presents the cast iron dosa tawa, regarded as one of the best tawa for dosa in India. This Solimo tawa is not only best for dosa but all types of tawa-made dishes. Once you get it, make sure you wash it with hot water before first use.
Apply a generous amount of oil and heat on a low flame. Though it is a pre-seasoned tawa, an application of little oil adds longevity.
- It is a sturdy, long-lasting tawa composed of heavy-duty cast iron.
- The composition ensures even heat distribution with optimal thermal retention.
- It is a dosa tawa for induction stoves and gas stoves.
- It is light in weight, easy to clean.
- You can cook dosa, chapatti, parantha, and many other dishes
- A value for money product.
- It is not compatible with metal spoons and spatulas.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- It is not thick enough.
- The warranty period is not mentioned.
Are you in search of a good dosa tawa? Put a halt to it because Prestige presents an aluminum and ceramic non-stick tawa ideal for dosa. It is one of the best tawa for making roti, parantha, and other delicious dishes.
This prestige dosa tawa comes with a heat indicator that indicates the right temperature for making dosa. How user-friendly it is!
- Its aluminum, ceramic composition makes it durable..
- It has a 3-layer easy release non-stick coating.
- Prestige has made this dosa tawa for induction stove and gas stove.
- This tawa is metal-spoon-friendly.
- It has a unique heat indicator.
- Prestige assures a 1-year warranty on it.
- It is an expensive dosa tawa.
- It is heavy.
- The non-stick coating from corners may peel off.
- The tawa has a bump in the middle.
Cello holds a good rank in the list of the best non-stick tawa for dosa. Its functions and features serve the reason. With a stylish look, the tawa will grab your attention. It has an edgy structure that prevents spillage.
Whether it is chapatti or dosa, everything comes out with perfection. So, in other words, it is also the best tawa for making roti.
- It is attractive, stylish, 100% flameproof.
- Its pure grade aluminum body ensures faster heating.
- Its non-stick coating ensures cooking with less oil.
- Ergonomically designed Bakelite handles are cool to touch.
- Its outer hammer tone coating is scratch-resistant.
- It is a dosa tawa for induction stove and gas stoves as well.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty and is quite affordable.
- Using metal utensils is strictly prohibited.
- It has a heat distribution issue.
- The surface is not flat.
This 3-layer non-stick tawa by IBELL is one of the big tawa for dosa available. It has a concave design that ensures quick heating of the cookware. Its 3-layer non-stick surface enables the cooking of crispy thin dosa.
It has an appealing exterior. It is dosa tawa for induction stove and gas stove also.
- It is a 3- layer non-stick coated aluminum dosa tawa.
- The concave design ensures quick heating.
- The non-stick surface enables the cooking of crispy round dosa.
- It works on induction as well as gas stoves.
- It has a 6-month standard warranty with an additional 6-month warranty.
- It is a value for money product.
- It does not distribute heat evenly.
- The concave surface may keep food undercooked in the outer region.
- It is not too durable.
If you are looking for a fuel-efficient dosa tawa, urbanhouse dosa tawa is a good option. It is a 12-inch pre-seasoned tawa that makes round crispy tempting dosa.
The large iron dosa tawa is also the best dosa tawa for making roti, parantha, etc.
- It is composed of cast iron.
- Two handles at the side give a comfortable grip.
- Pure cast iron saves gas by absorbing heat quickly.
- It is free from chemicals.
- The pre-seasoned feature ensures the consumption of less oil.
- Price lies in budget.
- It is heavy.
- It may have an uneven finish.
- It is not dishwasher-friendly.
- High flame may cause damage.
Rock has brought the 12-inch large iron dosa tawa that makes crispy restaurant like dosa at home. It requires a dash of oil or fat for seasoning for the perfect dosa.
With the prospect of satisfying user needs, Rock has designed the big dosa tawa for induction stove and gas stoves. You can also make roti, kebabs, parantha on the tawa.
- It is a pre-seasoned cast iron tawa with handles at the side.
- It cuts down the consumption of oil and fat.
- It works well on gas and induction cooktops.
- It increases the iron content of the food.
- The cast-iron composition saves energy.
- The affordable tawa comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Handles become hot while cooking.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- Always use a low flame.
In search of the best non-stick tawa for dosa and best tawa for making roti? Then, Carote non-stick dosa tawa is something you would choose. It is a cast aluminum flat base non-stick tawa with a granite finish surface.
The surface ensures healthy and safe cooking of any dish you make on it. And, the best part is it works on all kinds of cooktops.
- It has a 5-layer PFOA-free non-stick coating.
- Its flat base is perfect for dosa, omelet, and pancakes.
- It has a soft and comfortable Bakelite handle with a wooden finish.
- It works on all types of cooktops.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It is expensive.
- It is heavy.
- Handles are a bit fragile.
How to choose the best non-stick tawa for dosa?
In the hunt for the best tawa for dosa, you will come across 1000+ options. Each of them has a distinctive composition, size, and shape. So, how to choose the one? Well, in that case, the steps below will help.
Size is an essential factor in the selection of the tawa. For making a restaurant like dosa, a big dosa tawa will be of great help. And if the family is large, then you need a big dosa tawa. The tawa size range from 8”-16”, but an 11”-13” tawa is perfect.
Three types of materials are used in a dosa tawa: aluminum, cast iron, anodized aluminum. But, the choice depends on their features and your requirement. If you want lightweight tawa anodized-aluminum is best. And for a pre-seasoned tawa, cast iron is best.
3. Induction Compatibility
The list of best dosa tawa for induction stoves has very few names. It is because only a few Indian brands manufacture induction-compatible tawa. So, induction users do check the feature thoroughly.
4. Warranty and price
Price and warranty are the fundamental factors of any product. A dosa tawa generally comes with a 1-year warranty. But, renowned companies assure more period of warranty. The price range of a dosa tawa may exceed 1500 INR. But, you will get a good product in 800 INR also.
How to take care of a dosa tawa?
Proper care and maintenance of a dosa tawa increase its longevity, efficiency, and durability. Down below are the steps about how to take care of a dosa tawa:
- Never immerse the hot tawa in water after use. The sudden temperature will affect the composition and coating. Cool it before washing.
- The metal scrubber can damage the coating of the tawa. So wash it with a soft sponge.
- Always use the tawa on a medium flame. High flame can damage its health.
- Avoid dishwasher to clean the tawa. Washing it with hands increases its longevity.
- Wash the tawa with lukewarm water. It increases its durability.
- Never keep heavy cookware or multiple utensils upon a tawa.
- Metal spoons and spatulas are unworthy for a tawa. Try to use wooden ones.
Frequently asked questions on Best Dosa Tawa in India
Which is the best non-stick tawa for dosa?
Hawkins u003cstrongu003eu003ca href=u0022https://www.hawkinscookers.com/WebCkwMain.aspx?cat=DOSA%20TAVAu0022u003eFutura Dosa Tawau003c/au003eu003c/strongu003e is the best non-stick dosa tawa of recent times. The hard-anodized aluminum comes with a 2-year warranty.
Which material is best for a dosa tawa?
Longevity of the material and taste and health of the dish is the essential factor for the composition of a dosa tawa. And on considering the factors, cast-iron is the best material for a dosa tawa. In fact, in the traditional recipe of dosa, large iron dosa tawa is used.
How safe a cast iron dosa tawa is?
Cast iron dosa tawa is u003cstrongu003echemical-freeu003c/strongu003e. It may leach some amount of iron into food. But, that is a blessing in disguise as it can decrease iron deficiency.
Is a dosa tawa good for making roti?
A dosa tawa is the best tawa for making roti, parantha, and any dishes you want to cook on it.
Can we use a dosa tawa on induction cooktops?
Induction-compatible dosa tawa is now available. Renowned companies have designed dosa tawa for induction stoves.
How can I avoid dosa from sticking on the tawa?
Follow the steps:u003cbru003e1. Heat the tawa on a medium flame.u003cbru003e2. Sprinkle some water and let it evaporate.u003cbru003e3. Next, add 2-3 drops of oil and rub with a half onion.u003cbru003e4. Your dosa tawa is ready for use.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eRepeat the steps before every use.
Which is the best cast iron dosa tawa?
Rock Tawa is the best cast iron and the best dosa tawa within 1000 INR.
Final word – Best dosa tawa in India
So guys here is a good detail about dosa, rather the best dosa tawa in India. Choose the one that appeals to you the most and has crispy, authentic dosa at home.