Introduction to Best Electric Kettle in India
Yes electric kettles are convenient to use and almost every household use it. It allows us to boil water in very short time. We can cook pasta or noodles, boil eggs or make tea. All of these seem quite easy with the electric kettle.
There are many brands making electric kettle in the market. All of them are not same. Today I am going to share best electric kettle in India. I have made a list of electric kettle that you can buy within your budget and requirement. Keep reading!
Why you should buy an electric kettle? Very simple, the electric kettle can heat the water much more quickly. It can save considerable time and energy. Most electric kettles are graduated, they do not evaporate water. Save water.
Top 15 Best Kettle in India
1. Best Stainless Steel Electric Kettle: Pigeon by Stovekraft Zen Kettle
(Stainless Steel Body, 1.8 litres with 1500 Watt, Boiler for Water, Milk, Tea, Coffee, Instant Noodles, Soup etc.)
Modern looking and clean design of the kettle has made it one of the best electric kettle in India. You can make cocoa, herbal tea, boil water or egg. Try soup and instant noodles for faster cooking.
1.8L capacity ensures a cup for every member of an average to big family. The stainless steel sleek body will look better in any kitchen.
- Multiple uses (make french press coffee, soups, noodles and other boiled beverages.
- 1500 W can boil water very quickly.
- Stainless steel sturdy body.
- Auto shut off when not in use, saves electricity.
- Easy to clean as the opening is big enough.
- 360 degree swivel base and the base is not attached with the body, it is easy to handle / serve.
- No water indicator present.
You can also check Pigeon Crystal Glass Electric Kettle. It is a premium quality electric kettle under Rs. 1000. Its transparent body allows seeing the water level, the illuminated blue light makes it more beautiful. The dry boil protected electric kettle will prove a good purchase.
2. Best Automatic Kettle: Russell Hobbs Stainless Steel Electric Kettle RJK1518IN
This compact electric kettle from Russell Hobbs is small in size and takes up very little space in the kitchen.
304 premium quality stainless steel has been used in its body. It has a 360° swivel base with a cord storage compartment. You can detach the carafe from the base to pour water into the cups in comfort. The Perfect Pour spout ensures the water does not fall on the sides of the kettle or cup.
The kettle has a capacity of 1.8 litres and a power of 1500W that boils a cup of water under 120 seconds. Automatic shutdown when the water is boiling or when the kettle is empty.
- Large capacity.
- Fast boiling of water.
- Multipurpose kettle – useful for boiling milk, eggs, cooking noodles and pasta.
- Energy saving with auto shut off and dry boil prevention.
- Food grade stainless steel body.
- No water level indicator.
- Price is higher that similar products.
- Plastic used in the base is not strong enough.
Suggested Read: Nespresso Prodigio: Good or Bad?
3. Best Kettle for Boiling Milk: Wonderchef Luxe Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
Wonderchef Luxe Automatic made of 304 rust proof stainless Steel. I would rather say – Red in my heart, I loved the elegant look of the kettle! This red beauty has won me over. It has double wall to keep the electric kettle cool while water is boiling. The cool touch handle is safe to hold.
- 1800W power boils the water very quickly.
- Totally safe with food grade stainless steel inner body.
- Concealed heating elements.
- Water level indicator.
- Auto-shut, evaporation and dry run protection.
- Opening of the kettle is large. Easy to power water and useful while cleaning inside.
- Handle is well spaced from the body, safe to handle.
- Good capacity at 1.7L.
- The water level indicator could have been outside of the body.
- The base of the electric kettle could be bigger to ensure stability.
- Keep warm function is not present.
You can also try Wonderchef Tea Pot with Removable Infuser. It can be use as water boiler or tea maker.
V-Guard VKS17 is another premium product that I count in my best electric kettle in India list. It has a supreme exterior as well as a rust free stainless steel interior.
Double layered steel body to ensure it doesn’t get heated while you are boiling water. Forgot to tell you, you can boil potato, eggs, cook instant noodles and pasta as well.
- 1900W power boils fast
- Double layer body gives extra safety
- Concealed heating element
- Auto shut-off
- Water level indicator
- Dry run protection
- Insulated handle for easy handling
- Swivel base for cable free servings
- Big enough to serve entire family
- Price is high
- Keep warm function is missing
- Not for rough use
Also Read: Krups Essenza Mini Review
It is one of the elegant looking electric kettles that you can proudly place on the kitchen counter. It looks cool with any type of color scheme of the room.
1.7L capacity allows making enough tea at once. Haden Cotswold Kettle has a see through water level checker and scale. The base of the kettle is 360deg rotating and allows cordless servings.
- Boils water in less than 2 minutes
- Pouring spout makes it splash free pouring of beverage
- Hassle-free cleaning with wider mouth
- BPA free hygienic material
- Removable filter and spare filter included in the package
- Users felt it will not last long
- Customers have reported vibration during operation
You can also check Haden Boston Pyramid Kettle Red 1.7-litre which has 3000W power for fast boiling. This kettle has a red body and similar function as I have mentioned for the Cotswold Sage Jug Kettle.
With Sabichi Haden Perth Sleek Slate Grey Kettle, price and performance comes together. Yes, the electric kettle has high price comparing to other models available in the market. But, as the price is high, the performance is also high.
This delicate piece is going to serve you for a long time. Spare filter and long spout for easy serving. An absolute beauty with satisfying performance.
- Fast boiling with 3000W power.
- Ergonomically designed handle.
- The body of the kettle is double layered for safe use.
- The mouth of the kettle is wide enough for easy filling and cleaning.
- 360deg rotating base with auto switch off function.
- Yes, surely the price is high.
Also Read: The 5 Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines
7. Wonderchef – 63152931 Luxe Multicook 1.2 L Kettle, Red
I have talked about multi-function kettles, yes, kettles do not just heat water. This red beauty has egg boiler and steamer attachment in the package. You can now steam vegetables in your electric kettle!
Why don’t you try making momo on this steamer? I tried and it is quite impressive. It is not a big capacity kettle at 1.2L size, but it is travel friendly electric kettle.
Do not get disheartened with 1000W power. It will serve your purpose and it is faster than traditional kettle. A good choice for singles and students.
- 304 food grade stainless steel interior. This steel is used all over the world for its hygienic nature
- Glass made see through lid to check water level
- The illuminating power indicator is a useful feature
- Multifunctional, I tried cooking rice and hot chocolate.
- Wide opening for easy cleaning
- Manual adjustment of power
- Low price
- No spout present, not very convenient and may splash the liquid
- The cord is not long enough; it should have a long cord.
Wonderchef Egg Boiler Kettle: Wonderchef is a reputed brand for kitchen appliances. I personally prefer this brand for its quality and price ratio. If you wish to buy a different color then check Wonderchef – 63152932 Luxe Multicook 1.2 L Kettle, Blue with same functionality.
8. Electric Stainless Steel Kettle with Spout cover: Hafele Dome
If the price is higher the product is good, I do not believe that. But in case of Hafele Dome electric kettle it is true. This Amazon best seller electric is considered to be best electric kettle in India.
It has a modern design that will look good in any kitchen settings. This simple yet unique looking electric kettle has just changed the definition of simplicity.
The kettle is totally different looking if we compare with Indian market. The power house has 2150W fast boiling capacity. The manual analogue temperature control knob has nailed it! It gives such an antique look to the kettle!
The limescale filter is very useful to prevent any particles falling into the beverage. The water level indicator shows amount of water remaining inside the kettle. The led light indicates operating status of the kettle.
Overall, the portable electric kettle is a superb device for various types of uses. Apart from making noodles, pasta, boiling water or eggs, you can make oat meals and cook rice for single serving.
- Automatic and manual power control
- Spout cover prevents any dirt from entering into the kettle
- Precise temperature control
- Dry boil control
- Traditional look that fits any kitchen
- No keep warm feature
- Price is high
Hafele has this same model in red color if you do not like grey colored one. Hafele Queen – Electric Stainless Steel Kettle is another classic looking quality electric kettle that you can opt for.
9. Havells Aqua Plus Double Wall Kettle
If you have a medium sized family and if you got a soft corner for tea then Havells Aqua Plus is the electric kettle that is just for you. The made in India product is surely a performer without compromising on any aspects.
It has a decent 1.2L capacity with 1500W of power which allows faster heating and boiling. Havells is a trusted name in Indian household for electronic appliances. Havells Aqua Plus has kept the trust up with its price and performance ratio.
- Good size for a medium to semi-large family.
- The 360deg base makes easy to put back the kettle on the base.
- The handle is sturdy to grab.
- Wider mouth facilities easy clean.
- Double wall keeps the body temperature normal while boiling water.
- The spout is good for splash proof pouring.
- Stainless steel inner body made from rust free 304 steel which is widely recognized all over the world as food grade steel.
- Does not have a detachable filter.
- Cable length is very short.
If you have a baby at home, it is the best electric kettle for boiling milk.
10. Inalsa Electric Kettle PRISM-1500W with LED Illumination
This Inalsa glass electric kettle is for people who want good performing and elegant looking kettle for daily use. Borosilicate Glass body has made the kettle more attractive. At 1.8L capacity the kettle is good for medium to large family.
Features like dry-boil protection, overheating protection and auto power cut off are useful. The illuminating light is really good to see when the kettle is in operation.
- Good space saving compact design
- Long-lasting service
- Well gripped handle
- Takes only 2-3 minutes to boil water
- Cord storage inside the base
- Short cable
- Customers reported the glass body can break
We then find the Kitchoff Automatic Stainless Steel Electric Kettle tea machine. It is an electric teapot that surprised us with its quality of manufacture.
The materials are robust and pleasant to the touch. The finishes are impeccable. It allows you to enjoy all types of tea, and offers automatic keeping warm for thirty minutes of your preparation.
Always close at hand, it is easy to maintain. The insulated handle insulates very well from the heat of the carafe. One of the best electric kettle for boiling milk or water.
- Light weight, only 250gms.
- Suitable for infusion and tea
- The finishes are remarkable and the quality is impeccable
- An affordable model to have fun with a fast tea machine
- The auto shut off feature is good for saving energy.
- It has 12 variations of capacity and colours.
- The cord is short in length.
12. Tea & Coffee Maker with Strainer Filter: Upscale Digital Electric Glass Kettle Teapot
Let’s continue this overview with a glass teapot designed by the Upscale. Equipped with thick glass wall for safe use. The electric tea maker cum water boiler is capable to boil 1.8L in 5-7 minutes. The 100% BPA free plastic parts of the body doesn’t come in contact with the water.
- Temperature control: Now you can decide on what temperature you want your tea to be boiled. From 40 to 100° C temperature whatever you find best for you.
- Multipurpose electric kettle, you can make tea, coffee, boil water.
- Keep your drink warm. The tea maker machine keeps your drink warm for 2 hours. You can set the program to auto switch off after 2 hours.
- Premium material used to make electric kettle, 304 stainless steel and borosilicate glass.
- Faster boiling available. The electric kettle is capable to heat up 1.7 L water in flat 7 minutes.
- No such issue found with the device. In my opinion Upscale is the best electric Coffee Maker with Strainer Filter.
13. Pigeon Amaze Plus 1.5 Litre Electric kettle (By stovekraft)
In fourth place in this selection, we find a cordless stainless steel kettle, manufactured by the famous brand of small household appliances Pigeon. It is an electric teapot that offers a capacity of 1.5L.
The base can be swivelled 360 degrees and in case of overheating the kettle stops automatically. This makes it a safe and best electric kettle for boiling milk and water.
Finally, we note a power behind its main competitors, 1500 watts, quick heat able to boil water in 5 to 7 minutes.
- Easy to use.
- Mirror finish look fits any kitchen setup.
- At a price of less than Rs.700 this Pigeon electric kettle is the best electric kettle in India.
- Multipurpose kettle.
- Easy to clean.
- The cord length is short.
- Food sticks in the bottom.
14. V-Guard VKM12 1.2L Stainless Steel Multi-Purpose Cooker/Kettle
Yes you heard it right. V-Guard VKM12 is a stainless steel electric kettle at the same time it is a multicooker. With the auto shut off feature, safety has been enhanced.
- Multicooker, cook pasta, noodles, boil water, egg and more!
- You choose the temperature for your multi-cooker cum tea maker. Using the temperature control knob you can adjust temperate easily.
- The unique keep warm feature is different from other electric kettles or multicookers. When in keep warm mode and the temperature drops the tea maker machine will again start boiling to gain perfect temperature.
- Best electric kettle for boiling milk, the stainless steel electric kettle is BPA free.
- The cool touch handle is safe and it does not get heated. The concealed heating element reduces of heating outer side of the kettle.
- Best electric kettle for magi noodles; now make your breakfast easily with this amazing tea kettle.
- As the keep warm feature auto starts when temperature drops it may over cook your food items. Keep an eye for the same.
15. Butterfly EKN 1.5-Litre Water Kettle / Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
Let’s finish this comparison with a very attractive electric teapot, the Butterfly EKN 1.5 L. Butterfly is one of my personal favourite kitchen appliances brand.
I bought my first mixer grinder from butterfly. It gave me such a great performance. Its 7th year now I am using Butterfly mixer grinder without any complain.
It is a device that sports a very pleasant and contemporary look. The machine has a brushed stainless steel coating which gives it a unique design.
- Good design, strong and safe grip handle
- Lockable lid
- Has a power indicator
- The 360 degree swivel base is helpful for both right handed and left handed user.
- A keep warm function is added benefit for the electric kettle
- Few customers have reported that auto power cut off function did not work.
I did not find any real negative opinions on this product. Consumers are almost unanimous in saying that it is an exceptional machine.
How to choose an electric kettle?
There are several models on the market with a wide range of prices. How to choose the right kettle for our needs? What are the main characteristics of a good electric kettle?
I have listed 5 decision making factors to consider while buying an electric kettle. These factors can help you making a choice to buy a good electric kettle.
1. Capacity of the electric kettle
The capacity of the kettle is undoubtedly one of the key elements in the choice. Here capacity means the capacity of the chamber that contains water. There are various sizes of electric kettle available.
- Up to 500 ml: this range includes the smallest kettles and also those defined as “travel kettle”. These models allow you to boil a small amount of water, ideal for making tea and other hot drinks for about two people.
- From 500 ml to 1.2 L: this range of capacities includes medium kettles, which can be used both for the preparation of drinks and to boil water for other cooking in the kitchen. You can occasionally make noodles or boil eggs in it. It can make tea for 4 to 5 people.
- Over 1.3 L: These kettles are suitable for family use. They are capable of preparing up to 7 cups of tea. You can also cook pasta or other food.
Suggested Read: Best Home Espresso Machine Under 200
2. Structure and design
Structure and design of a kettle represent one of the most important factors when choosing to buy. It is important for aesthetic reasons and for practical use of the appliance. We need something that complements our kitchen. It should also guarantee safe, comfortable and simple use, within everyone’s reach.
- A cordless electric water kettle will offer much greater handling and freedom of movement.
- Some models have a 360° rotating base. The kettle is free to move and put on any side, without having to pay attention to set it correctly on the base.
- It is better if it has a limescale filter.
- A handle that guarantees an ergonomic and comfortable grip, even if you have wet hands.
- Presence of an integrated cable reel compartment allows storing cable by wrapping it around the base.
In terms of design, a kettle can look like a classic shape of a teapot or modern transparent electric kettle with LED indicators. You will see many beautiful designs and shapes of electric kettles in the market. Well, we need to choose one that matches our tastes and decor of the kitchen.
This factor describes the type of resistance that is present inside the kettle. Every type of kettle currently on the market provides an internal resistance, which can vary in size and shape, characteristics. It in turn influences its performance, especially in view of long-term use.
- Visible “serpentine” resistance : it is always present in low and medium-low price models and can be more subject to wear over time. If it is too worn, it can accumulate limescale on the outside which is released into the hot water when boiled. This resistance is visible to the naked eye because it is composed of a coil that is located inside the tank where the water boils.
- Flat resistance : unlike the exposed coil, this type of resistance is hidden, and to the user it appears as a real stainless steel plate that is located on the base of the kettle. This type is more common in products starting from an average price range and guarantees faster boiling. They are much easier to clean.
4. Functions and use
Functions of an electric kettle are quite simple. Boil water or egg and cooking pasta or noodles. However there are other functions that should not be ignored. Below is a list of all the functions that can be found in an electric kettle :
- Automatic switch-off : It allows the kettle to stop automatically when the water is boiled to the right temperature. It also switches off when the kettle is lifted from the base.
- Water level indicator : There are models that indicates water level inside the tank. It helps in determining if you need more water before you start boiling the water. More sophisticated models also include an indicator to show number of the number of cups (tea) can be made from available water. It provides even more accurate measurement.
- Preset programs : Here you can access different automatic temperature settings. It can vary in number and range from 40 ° C to 100 ° C. This feature is exclusive to top-of-the-range models.
- Keep warm : This function is also called “keep warm”. It keeps the boiled water hot for a while if not used immediately. User manual shows the keep warm time limit.
- Indicator lights : It indicates if the kettle is in operation or not. You can just look at the LED panel to see if the water is boiling or in keep warm mode etc.
- Spring lid : this type of closure allows you to reopen the lid of the kettle by simply pressing a button. It offers ample space to fill the water tank or to clean inside of the kettle.
- Safety systems : A thermal insulated handle allows safe handle of the kettle. The kettle should not start if water is not side it.
5. Power and consumption
The last factor to consider when choosing the kettle to buy is its power and how much this will affect the bill at the end of the month.
Power varies according to the price range of the product. The cheaper models tend to have wattages that are around 600 W. These models boil water but definitely require more time.
The kettles placed in a range of price average, have a power varying from 600 W to 1700 W. The devices regarded as top of the range can boast around 2000 W. In the case of the most sophisticated kettles, even at 2500 W.
Surely, none of these devices have an excessive influence on electricity consumption. Even if this is a difficult figure to quantify since it is very subject to variation in personal use.
You can save energy. Do not boil excess water that you do not need. If you need one cup of water boil only that. The auto switch off and keep warm modes are good energy saving options.
Kettles that does not operate when dry, is a good power saving option.
6. Materials of the electric kettle
It is important to pay attention to the type and quality of the materials that are used to produce it. Both internally and externally. Poor quality materials, in contact with high temperature water, can easily deteriorate or damage and, more worryingly, they can release toxic substances that are dangerous to ingest and breathe.
Manufacturers use steel and plastic to make electric kettles. The plastic models are cheaper. Stainless steel kettles are pricy in general. You should look if the material used is BPA free and non-toxic.
Choose an electric kettle having thermally insulated handle in order to avoid burns and various accidents. Not necessarily a plastic kettle is poor but, obviously, since steel is a stainless alloy, the appliances will have a longer life.
7. Electric kettles brands
You will find numerous brands making electric kettle as well as other home appliances. I do not prefer any specific brand. But certainly I prefer a well-known and reliable brand while buying appliances.
A trusted brand ensures to help you with technical problems, doubts, spare parts and other after sales services. In case of cheaper brands these things are rarely received on time. Products of unknown cheaper brands tend to be of lower quality. You may face many issues while using the appliance.
Among the most renowned electric kettle brands in India are Pigeon, Maharaja Whiteline, Kent, V-Guard, Sabichi Haden Perth, Wonderchef, Havells and Inalsa.
8. Electric kettles price
The price of an electric kettle can fluctuate widely. We can find models starting from a price of about Rs. 600 up to around Rs. 4000.
I do not think that if you spend little it means that you are buying a poor product. Or, on the other hand, you invest a substantial amount then it means that the product is of high quality.
We need to understand why a particular model can even cost up to five times more than another. The variation in the price range depends on several factors.
Price range determines both structural and functional aspects. The material used, functions available and few other things determines price of appliances.
The right solution is always to ask yourself what your needs and expectations are, in order to spend an amount appropriate to your budget and, adequate to the type of kettle you will choose to buy. Do not buy a product with features that you do not need.
Final words on Best Electric Kettles in India
Electric kettle price should not determine your choice while buying electric kettle online. An Electric tea maker that meets your need and not only works as water boiler or electric milk boiler, it should be a multipurpose electric kettle.
Buy electric kettle that is safe to use, easy to clean and boils faster. It is added advantage to have boil dry and keep warm function. If you find anything missing or have any suggestion then send me a message from the contact page.