Introduction to Best Kitchen Knife Set
You are expecting guest at home and while cutting salads you found that you have to use the knife like a saw as it is not sharp enough. How do you feel?
Having a good set of knives has become very essential in any kitchen. They provide us with a good cut so that our food has a better presentation. For cutting purpose all you need is a best kitchen knife set. If you are looking for a then here is a guide to best knife set under 50 dollars.
However, keep in mind that buying a set of knives is an investment. We have to think about the material with which they are made, since they are a utensil that we will use on a daily basis. A best knife set has to be resistant and strong so that the user feels comfortable when using it.
Best Knife Set Under $50
1. Best kitchen knife set under $50: Esonmus Kitchen Knife Set with Block
A very complete set of kitchen knives is this one made by Esonmus comprising 15 pieces.
Among the components that are included in this set we point out a chef’s knife, a slicing knife, a bread knife, a Japanese Santoku knife, a utility knife, a peeling knife, a pair of kitchen scissors, a knife sharpener and 6 steak knives and 6 table knives.
The perfectly balanced blade of the knives and the light weight allow you to use them without fatigue.
- It is a truly complete and useful set for any need in the kitchen that can be purchased at an excellent quality / price ratio.
- Beautiful pinewood knife block.
- 16-18° cutting ultra sharp edge for precision cut.
- Full tang knives.
- Can’t clean in a dishwasher.
2. Best kitchen knife block set: SKY LIGHT Knife Set with Block (6 Pieces Kitchen Knives)
The Sky light model is a benchmark in terms of blade. With the dimpled edge of the sharp blade, it will be much easier to cut your food into thin slices. Professionals would not fail to note that it is the very interest of having a good kitchen knife.
You have a better balance between hardness and strength considering that the Sky light model is made with a quality material. Your 17cm utensil is destined to last thanks to the high carbon content of the German stainless steel with which it was designed.
- Efficient 6 piece kitchen knife set.
- Better balance between hardness and strength.
- Sharp blade made of German high carbon stainless steel.
- Ergonomic handle with an ABS handle crossed by 3 stainless steel rivets.
- Easy to clean.
- It may be a bit expensive for some users.
- This sharp blade, although effective, is not however without risk.
Suggested Read: Best Knife Set Under $200
3. Best forged knife set: DEIK Knife Set
(High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set 14 PCS)
Chef or not, you always have the right to a good equipment to cook good food and to have your own set of professional knives at home would not be refused. Then choose the best professional kit from our comparator and cook yourself like a pro.
The Deik Home Essentials kit provides 6 steak knives, bread knife, carving knife, utility knife, paring knife, kitchen scissor and honing steel. You can thus choose to its specific use to refine your recipes.
You can be sure of the excellent quality of your utensils as you are dealing with a well-known brand in the utensil world. DEIK could even represent the best brand of kitchen knife and that’s one more reason to choose your kit.
- Complete professional kit of 14 pieces including a sharpening bar.
- Reference mark in utensils.
- Made of stainless steel for better durability and resistance to rust, stains and bacteria.
- Continuously forged knives with good cutting precision.
- Modern design with acrylic backing.
- Easy to clean and store.
- Good value for money.
- The complete kit is not always light.
- It can be somewhat bulky.
- Its price does not necessarily suit everyone.
4. Best Cheap Knife Set: Aicok Kitchen Knife Set (Professional 6-Piece Knife Set with Wooden Block)
You have at your disposal a whole set of 5 good multifunction kitchen knives including 1 bread, 1 cutting, 1 all-purpose, 1 paring knife and 1 chef’s knife.
Each high-end knife owes its particular strength to the high carbon stainless steel with which it was made. This allows you to combine the comfort, strength and stability that any good kitchen knife offers.
You also get excellent blades that allow you to cut your food with better precision without getting tired. You do have an ergonomic pakka handle designed to reduce the numbness and pain that usually results from prolonged holding of the utensil.
- Best convenience for a reasonable price.
- Excellent set of 5 multi-function kitchen knives.
- Easy to store and secure storage thanks to the pine wood block.
- Good precision thanks to the carbon content of the stainless steel of the blade.
- Resistant, comfortable and stable kitchen knives.
- Ergonomic pakka handle to prevent numbness and fatigue.
- Although strong, the blade may not be sharp enough for some users.
- Pine wood block may not be as sturdy as knives.
5. Best Affordable Kitchen Knife Set: DEIK Kitchen Knife Set (16-Piece German Stainless Steel Knife Block Set)
This kitchen knife is made of high quality X50Cr15 stainless steel. This is a special mixture of chrome and carbon that is twice as hard as standard knives with Black BO Oxide technology. This also ensures precise cutting.
This budget knife set includes a robust acrylic stand in this set. So every part from this package has its place. All knives are designed with an ergonomic handle. You can use these knives safely.
The Deik brand has also gave great importance to optimal weight distribution to optimize the general balance. Knife aesthetic is good as well as performance.
- X50Cr15 high carbon stainless steel knife set.
- One piece knife, stronger and rust free carbon steel for long lasting use.
- Best knife set for the money.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- Does not come with a wooden block.
6. Best Home Kitchen Knife Set: Wanbasion knife set
Made of high-strength stainless steel, these cutting tools will not bend or break after prolonged use, being safe enough to make all the ingredient cuts you need.
They are knives that have a double layer of protection, in addition to it, a titanium coating that prevents corrosion, and it is also a very complete set that includes all the necessary pieces in any kitchen, from a chef’s knife to a lace for peeling or making very precise cuts.
- Best budget knife set.
- Scratch and rust resistant.
- You will need frequent sharpening.
7. Hecef Black Oxide Knife Set (Best Kitchen Knife Set Under 50)
A set of six corrosion and scratch resistant pieces, equipped with an ergonomic handle that is easy to hold, has a very sharp, beveled steel blade that helps nothing stick to the edge, allowing you to cut with dexterity and precision.
They come with a cover to take care of the blade once you have finished using them, also, they are the least expensive in the comparison and in the opinion of their buyers, you can use them for a long time without giving any kind of problem.
- Soft, lightweight and comfortable handle.
- Best value for money knife set.
- Some buyers reported that colour coming off.
- Can for rust if not cared well.
Suggested Read: How to choose best kitchen knife set.
8. Best Cheap Knives: Tramontina Diamant 15 Piece Knife Block Set
Tramontina is known for making quality knives and cutlery, such as this set of 6 all-purpose knives that are perfect for cutting meats, salads or even for chopping fruits, vegetables and vegetables. This cool looking knife set under $50 is surely good investment for a beginner.
They are made of stainless steel, with serrated blades and a wooden handle that adds that traditional and traditional style of Sunday barbecues. They are the best option to complete your cutlery.
- Reasonable price.
- Good quality knife.
- Few customers suggested handles should be sturdier.
9. Best Ceramic Knife Set: Cadrim Knife Set
Knives with steel blades are renowned for their strength and durability. But ceramic knives are also taking the wind in their sails due to their sturdiness and efficiency.
The set consists of 4 ceramic knives and a peeler (Paring knife). Each blade is equipped with a protective case while each handle is made of ABS material for a comfortable grip. Professional Ceramic Kitchen Knife set is extremely useful and aims to be the choice par excellence to equip modern kitchens.
- Ceramic knife set.
- Each knife is resistant to oxidation and corrosion.
- Set of knives equipped with ABS handles.
- Ceramic being sharper than metal, this set of knives allows you to cut, chop, slice with finesse all your culinary preparations.
- Each knife is very easy to maintain.
- The case provides protection for each knife and at the same time, offers more security.
- Although sharp, ceramic is fragile. You will not be able to use the knives on frozen foods.
10. Wolf War – Ceramic Knife Set Professional Knife with Sheaths
To cook your dishes well, you need to have the right utensils. Whether it is to mince, peel or simply cut our food, knives are essential in a kitchen. Wolf War ceramic knives are models not to be missed.
Made of improved ceramic, with an ergonomic and lightweight design, the risk of injury is virtually zero. What’s more, this material resists germs and stains, in addition to being flame retardant and rustproof. This set includes 4 knives and comes in a good quality and pretty box at the same time.
- Improved ceramic blades
- Has an ergonomic and lightweight design
- Ideal knife set for a gift choice
- Stronger than steel, ceramic blades stay sharp for much longer. In addition, they are non-stick and rustproof.
- Equipped with ergonomic and non-slip handles, even when wet, these knives are very easy to handle.
- Being able to manually round the blades at the front and rear provides more safety in its use.
- However, these knives are very sensitive to impact. So you have to be careful where you put it.
11. Knife Block with Sharpener: Homgeek Knife Set
For a kitchen worthy of the name, knives are among the most essential utensils. There is a wide range, several types as well as a countless number of brands. In short, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you are a professional or a simple amateur, the set of kitchen knives from the Homgeek German kitchen knives brand will not leave you indifferent. The set is made up of 15 pieces. Among other things, a chef’s knife, a sharp knife, a utility knife.
Stowed in special holders with non-slip mats, the Set offers stable and secure use. The high quality stainless steel blades give the whole an unparalleled hardness.
- Stainless steel blades.
- Has an ergonomic handle.
- Set delivered with a wooden block.
- Boasting a hand polished construction, each knife features high stain and temple resistance.
- Incorporating innovative forging technology, this set offers increased corrosion resistance.
- Pakkawood polymer grips are dense enough to ensure a comfortable and secure grip.
- Knife block with sharpener.
- This knife set does not seem to be suitable for washing in the dishwasher.
Sunday cook or king of the stove, do you need a set of professional equipment for your culinary preparations? Why not turn to this complete set from Home Hero?
The all-in-one set includes 13 premium quality professional knives, kitchen scissors, peeler and sharpener. Everything also comes with an extremely designer storage unit, enough to enhance your kitchen.
The set of knives has stainless steel blades, which combines strength and durability at the same time. The blades are also serrated to ensure professional precision.
- Knife set with stainless steel blade
- Set of knives equipped with a protective cover in thermoplastic rubber
- Features a non-adhesive colored coating
- As this knife set has a thermoplastic rubber cover, the grip comfort is assured.
- The sharpener is a two-phase model and ensures that every knife stays sharp.
- The holder incorporates internal barriers to prevent damage to the blades.
- Design, quality, efficiency and robustness are all there. Too bad the price is so high.
One knife is not going to be enough to handle all your culinary tasks. From cutting meat to slicing bread to peeling vegetables, you will need different knives.
With this set of 5 TRENDS brand knives, you will have everything you need for each dish you are going to make. The set includes of course a chef’s knife, utility knife, peeler, carving knife and bread knife.
The whole thing comes with a compact wooden block. As for the blades, they are made of stainless steel to guarantee perfect resistance to rust and bacteria.
- High quality knives with steel blades.
- Model delivered with a wood block.
- Each knife has an ergonomic handle.
- Being made of premium steel, each knife blade is both sharp and durable.
- The handle is ergonomic enough to ensure an easy grip.
- 14 days 100% money back guarantee and 5 years warranty.
- The handle of each knife seems to be less well thought out with a simple fastener, a metal shank and a thread.
14. Zyliss Control Knife Set (Zyliss knives review)
To equip your professional kitchen, opt for this Zyliss knife set. Long known for designing professional quality kitchen utensils, Zyliss knives continues to outperform the competition.
With this set of professional knives consisting of 6 pieces, you will certainly have everything you need to cut, mince or slice your food. Each blade is made with high quality stainless steel and is easy to sharpen.
For the design, aesthetics are at the rendezvous because each knife is forged continuously to form a single piece. This prevents any possibility for bacteria to accumulate in the handle. At the same time, it makes cleaning easier.
- Knife set designed in one piece.
- Knife set made of stainless steel.
- Has FDA certification.
If you are amateur cook this one will be the best hobby knife set for you.
- Featuring an ultra-clean 17° design, each knife ensures increased precision for each cut.
- This set of knives is very easy to maintain.
- The chef’s knife is extremely versatile and can be used to effortlessly cut meat, fish, fruit, etc.
- Dishwasher safe but hand wash recommended. Can get rust if not wiped properly after use.
15. Kitchen Knife for Large Hand: Tuo Fire Chef Kitchen Knife
Would you like to own a knife that is both versatile and elegant? A sharp tool that has proven itself and even won a prize? The Tuo Fire Chef may be the best choice for you if your main criterion is value for money.
The Tuo Fire Chef is a knife with a blade measuring 20.3 cm. It allows you to cut all types of food, from simple vegetables to large pieces of meat.
It is made of German high carbon stainless steel and resistant to rust. Its steel has undergone a heat treatment giving it increased strength and flexibility.
On the Rockwell scale, this knife is placed at 56. So we can say that he has a harshness that ranks it among the professionals, without being too harsh.
This model is sharpened by a complex traditional Asian method called Honbazuke. Without going into too much detail, it means that you get a sharp blade with an angle of 18° on each side.
It is noteworthy that some people say they received a poorly sharpened knife. If this is your case, you just need to sharpen it to give it its edge. Either way, you need a sharpener to be able to keep the blade in good shape.
- Price and quality equilibrium.
- Part of a collection.
- Good lifespan. Lifetime guarantee.
- Sometimes poorly sharpened at purchase.
16. SHAN ZU Chef Knife 8 Inch (German steel knife)
For you, nothing beats a quality knife in a kitchen and you think that you should be prepared to spend a little more for a powerful tool? The Shan Zu Chef could be the knife you need, both for its elegance and its efficiency.
Let’s start right away with the Shan Zu Pro Chef blade. It is made of German steel and hand polished for 60 days to give a smooth finish and efficiency.
It has an angle of about 15° and is double-edged. This is convenient for both left-handed and right-handed people.
- Double edge sharpened to 15 0 + – 1.
- Ergonomic handle in designed with wood.
- Full tang design.
- High price.
- Can get rust if not cared properly.
- Not recommended to clean in a dishwasher.
17. The Most Affordable Chef’s Knife: PAUDIN Pro Kitchen Knife N1
The price of some knives seems excessively high, but you still want to own one that is quite versatile? If you are looking for a good chef’s knife that is very affordable then Paudin Pro Kitchen Knife is the answer.
The biggest advantage of the Paudin Pro is its very low price. If you are thinking of quality then we should tell you that out of 4200 global review, 79% of the users rated it with 5 Stars.
The handle has a safe shape, allowing you to grip your cutting tool well. The Paudin Pro comes with a complete satisfaction or money back guarantee. It is resistant to rust that can damage the knife.
- Very affordable price.
- Safe handle.
- Stays sharp even after few weeks of use.
- Simple design.
- Can’t put into a dishwasher.
Do you like to use stylish kitchen utensils? Mosfiata is in our opinion the model that best meets this criterion, while being very effective.
First of all, let’s mention what jumps out at the sight of the Mosfiata. Its design is elegant and is very popular with users. Its black color sets it apart from most of the traditional knives.
It is very strong, especially due to the handle and blade are made from a single piece of good quality German stainless steel.
The handle is riveted in three places, which fixes it securely to the entire knife. It is comfortable to use.
As for the blade, it is covered with a plated titanium coating. It is very resistant to scratches and rust. Plus, you don’t have to worry about discoloration and fingerprints either.
Mosfiata is hand polished at an angle of 14 to 16 degrees on each side. This model is a bit heavier than others on the market.
Indeed, in the box of Mosfiata is not only a simple knife. A sharpener is also included, which comes in handy with this kind of product. You can sharpen your blade using the two slots, passing it first through the steel one and then through the ceramic one.
A finger guard is also provided for purchase for maximum security.
- German stainless steel blade with titanium coating.
- Hand polished at an angle of 14 ° to 16 ° per side.
- Sturdy handle secured by three rivets.
- Comes with a knife sharpener and finger guard.
- Slightly heavy.
There are a variety of knives and in the category “chef” is the santoku. If this is the type of blade you are looking for, then the Airena Classic should be your thing. It is very powerful and will be of great use in the preparation of your recipes.
The Airena Classic is somewhat different from the other knives featured in this article. Indeed, it is of the santoku type, which makes it a smaller model. Its blade measures 17.8 cm while its total length is 33 cm.
Small cavities are also present along the entire length of the blade. These prevent food from sticking to the blade when you slice or chop.
The material used is German stainless steel with high carbon content. It is very resistant to stains and corrosion. However, make sure to clean your knife well and dry it completely to prevent it from rusting.
The blade is durable and flexible. It offers good performance thanks to its balance between sharpening and good strength. The angle is 16° to 18° per side.
The pattern on the blade is reminiscent of tiger stripes. This gives it an interesting look.
The dark pakkawood handle adds to its elegance. It is strong and has good durability. The comfort of it combined with the weight of the knife makes this tool pleasant to handle.
The Airena Classic sits at 56 on the Rockwell scale. It must be sharpened regularly so that its edge remains effective against all types of food.
- Cavities on the blade.
- Sustainable product.
- Must be sharpened often.
Conclusion: Best kitchen knife set under 50
Buy a kitchen knife set that suffice your need. If you do not need a full set then buy a set that has less numbers of knives.
Price is not always the determining factor for buy good product. Many times we found good products in lesser price. We have tried to put a list of best knife set under $50. The list contains knives that are loved by customers and got maximum good reviews. Choose wisely, happy cooking!