Best microwave oven for home use in India
Planning to buy a Microwave Oven? And do not wish to spend more than 15,000? Then, you are in the right place, dear. I have shortlisted some of the best microwave ovens with great features. And their price lies within 15000. You can choose them from the comfort of your home. So, here we go with the best microwave oven under 15000.
This modern world is so tech-savvy, that we have technology in our everyday life. The touch of technology is in everything we do, even in cooking. This makes the task not only quick and effortless but also boosts creativity. And microwave oven is that one thing that makes cooking quick, effortless and also creative.
- Best microwave oven for home use in India
- Types of Microwave Oven
- 7 Best microwave oven in India under 15000
- Best Microwave oven under 15000 – Buying Guide
- Final verdict: best microwave oven under 15000
Types of Microwave Oven
These versatile and popular appliance has three types: Solo, Grill, Convection.
Solo microwave oven
Solo microwave oven is the primary model, best for simple cooking, defrosting and reheating. Because of its small capacity, it is incapable of grilling and baking. Solo microwave ovens are the inexpensive version of the appliance.
Microwave oven with grill
Grill microwave ovens are almost identical to the Solo version. But, they differ in functions. They have been designed with the grill feature. You can enjoy the delicious barbecue and grilled dishes prepared in it. Also, it is used to reheat, defrost food.
Convection microwave ovens are the complete cooking appliance. It can perform all the functions. It can reheat, defrost, grill, bake, crisp, roast, brown and do simple cooking.
Convection microwave oven is expensive than the other versions.
7 Best microwave oven in India under 15000
1. Samsung Microwave Oven (MC28H5013AK-TL, 28L Convection, Black)
When it is about reliability, Samsung is the name that comes to mind. And in case of kitchen appliance, reliability is a crucial factor. Samsung microwave oven is counted among the best. This is a budget-friendly microwave oven that has user-friendly features.
- It has a durable scratch and stain resistant Ceramic enamel interior which is easy to clean.
- Features Fermentation function that enables the making of dough and yoghurt at home.
- The built-in tandoor technology transforms the unit into a tandoor up to 200°C.
- Has a variety of pre-set programmed local recipes with touch-sensitive keypad membrane.
- Built with child lock facility and deodorizer feature.
- Assure 1-year warranty on the product, 5 years on magnetron, 10 years on the internal cavity.
- Consumes time due to low consumption of power.
- The rotisserie feature is not present.
2. IFB 30L Convection Microwave Oven (30BRC2, Black)
IFB is a renowned name in the world of home appliances. And it has the best options of microwave oven within 15000. This 30 L model is one such option designed to create a gala time in the kitchen.
- Being a convection microwave oven baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting is a common feature.
- The Steam Clean function removes grease from the unit within minutes.
- Comes with a power save option and auto cook setting with 101 cooking menus.
- Touch sensitive and easy to control keypad.
- The Rotisserie feature perfectly crisps and brown meat items.
- Built with an express cooking feature to quicken up the cooking process.
- The Child Lock feature ensures the safety of your children at home,
- Features the Overheating Protection that switches off the heating element when the temperature is too high.
- Features include weight defrost, deodorize and disinfect.
- Assured a 1-year warranty on the machine and a 3-year warranty on Magnetron and Cavity.
- The starter kit/ utensils provided are not of good quality.
3. LG Convection Microwave Oven (MC2846SL, Silver 28L)
This All in One microwave oven by LG really makes ‘Life’ and cooking ‘Good’. It has so many special features that you can label it as one of the best. Best for a big family you can prepare any dishes in it.
- In a few minutes, you can prepare homemade ghee, paneer and curd in it.
- The 251 Auto Cook menu comes with pre-set menu.
- The auto cook menu has a lot of option for health and calorie-conscious people.
- Reheat, grill, bake, defrost recipes.
- Keep warm feature keep food at the right temperature for up to 90 minutes.
- The Quartz Heater is faster and safer to use. It cooks a large quantity at a time and removes the chance of hand injury.
- Touch-sensitive control keypad.
- Special Features includes steam clean, quick defrost, two-stage cooking.
- 1-year warranty assured on the product and 4 years on the Magnetron.
- Also includes the owner’s manual and recipe book.
- May not provide starter kit.
4. IFB 25L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC4)
The IFB 25L microwave oven is counted among the best, like its contemporaries. It is an oven that makes cooking hassle-free. Suitable for a family of 3-5 you can bake, grill, reheat, defrost and cook delicious meals in it.
- Has 26 standard auto-cook menu.
- The express cooking feature prepares dishes in less time.
- Has a 10 power level and temperature setting.
- Features overheating protection and sensor malfunction protection.
- Has the auto-defrost feature.
- The child lock facility ensures the safety of the children.
- Features steam clean and deodorizer function.
- The fan works after the power is switched off which cools down the appliance.
- 1-year warranty assured on product and 3 years on Magnetron and cavity.
- Includes user manual and starter kit.
- The quality of the starter kit is not up to the mark.
5. SAMSUNG 23L Baker Series Microwave Oven (MG23T5012CK/TL, Black, With Crusty Plate)
Want to have the crispy, crunchy delicacies? But, have to drop the idea for being so oily? Then there is a Samsung Baker’s series microwave oven is perfect for you.
It is designed to allow you to enjoy the crispy, crunchy delicacies with almost no oil.
- Durable, scratch and stain resistant easy to clean Ceramic enamel cavity.
- Features crusty plate for crispy, crunchy dishes.
- Has 6 auto essential buttons for preparing the dishes.
- Auto defrost function defrosts food fast.
- 1-year warranty on product and Magnetron.
- Takes time to heat up.
- No auto clean function.
6. IFB Microwave Oven 20SC2 (20L Convection, Metallic Silver)
IFB 20L Microwave Oven, is a perfect kitchen appliance for small families to experiment with their culinary skills.
Designed with a wide range of modern features, IFB Microwave Oven is perfect for baking and grilling, giving you the most delicious meals the perfect browning.
- Auto set features stores 3 types of cooking cycle in its memory.
- Features child lock facility and auto defrost function.
- Auto reheat food with auto programmed time and power level.
- Features steam clean function and keep warm function.
- Has 24 standard menu with auto-cook settings.
- 1 year assured warranty on the product and 3-year warranty on magnetron and cavity.
- Includes starter kit and user manual.
- The appliance is a little noisy.
- Quality of Starter kit not up to the mark.
7. Morphy Richards 25L Convection Microwave Oven
Cakes have always been a part of our happiness. And what could be more better than the cakes made at home? Two things are essential for the perfect cake- correct quantity of ingredients and oven/ microwave oven.
And this 25L microwave oven by Morphy Richards bakes, roasts, grills defrost and cooks a variety of dishes.
- Features tactile button for temperature and time and user-friendly Jog dials.
- Auto cook features has 200 different menu options.
- Comes with child lock facility, auto reheat function, deodorizer feature and keep warm mode.
- Assure 2 years warranty.
- Not good for all recipes.
- May make a weird sound.
- Cleaning seems to be difficult.
Best Microwave oven under 15000 – Buying Guide
If you love to experiment with cooking, Microwave Oven can be your best kitchen appliance. You can now make your favourite dishes like pizza, cakes, meat, tandoori dishes etc.
It saves time and energy as it makes cooking faster. If you are looking for the best microwave oven, there are several things you need to consider when selecting your best one.
Food items you can cook in Solo, Grill and Convection microwave:
|Milk, Tea And coffee||Y||Y||Y|
|Rice, Noodles and Pasta||Y||Y||Y|
|Cakes and Breads||N||N||Y|
Difference between Microwave oven and Convection oven
Most people confuses convection ovens with microwave ovens. To help you understand the concept, I have prepared a chart. Please refer below.
|Cause||Microwave Oven||Convection oven|
|Food cooking process||microwave radiation generated||the hot air|
|Heat Generate||radiation produce heat||generating hot air|
|360 Rotation||food kept is rotating so that food cooks||circulate inside oven chamber using fan|
|Cooking Foods||Cook rice, boil potato, making noodles and other curry items.||Food items like cake, cookies that need baking can be prepared.|
Microwave oven capacity as per family size
Depending on the number of members in your household, choosing the right microwave helps you save time.
This chart will help you choosing the perfect size.
|Family Member||Capacity of Microwave oven|
|Single or Bachelor||Upto 15 liters|
|Couple or small families(2-3 Member)||Upto 15-20 liters|
|Medium Families (3-5 members )||Upto 20-30 liters|
|Large Families( 5+ members)||Upto 30+ liters|
To determine the size of a microwave oven, you also need to consider the power consumption range. Typically, larger microwave ovens consume higher power.
Must have features of microwave oven
A microwave oven is a smart appliance. In less time with almost no effort it prepares delicious meals. And for that, it must have the smart features. Here are they.
Auto cook Feature
The auto cook is a must-have feature in a microwave oven. It is a Pre-set program that cooks a variety of foods quickly. You just need to set the power, time and program for the recipe.
Child lock feature
Most electronic appliances are built with a child lock feature for the safety of children. And a microwave oven so well-acquainted with heat must have the feature to protect children from any related harm.
Control Panel feature
A microwave oven is nothing without a control panel. Either it is in the form of feather-touch buttons or the form of a dial, it makes a microwave oven functional. After all, time and temperature are the backbones of the microwave oven mechanism.
Defrost is a feature that you should consider while buying a microwave oven. After all, you need to use the function to defrost frozen food in an instant.
Final verdict: best microwave oven under 15000
Microwave oven has always added style to your functional kitchen. It in fact, enhance the functionality of the kitchen. The above enlisted microwave ovens are designed to nurture your culinary skills in the comfortable way. So, go for the one you find appealing.
And for further query do write to us. We are here to help you.