Are you trying to find a microwave toaster oven? This is the ultimate guide to find the best microwave toaster oven combo available on the market now! Today I will discuss how does a microwave toaster oven combo work?
In today’s world, where houses are getting smaller and apartments are becoming the norm, having a microwave-toaster combo is a great way to save money and more precisely, saving space in the kitchen.
These devices are not only convenient, but also incredibly flexible, giving you the ability to grill, roast, bake and broil in one place, which not only saves you a lot of time, but can also help your kitchen move to another level.
There is no doubt that a fantastic oven-toaster combo can change the way you cook, however, what makes a fantastic oven a great oven and what exactly should you know before you buy these devices?
So how does a microwave toaster oven combo work?
Microwave toaster oven combo is not very popular in the kitchen but still they have their own place.
Microwave with toaster oven works using a broiler to produce heat. The process is more like a conventional oven.
Microwave toaster combo works on a much smaller scale than a traditional microwave but produces similar result.
Microwave toaster combination prepares perfectly brown food by creating a hot environment. It heats up food immediately you put the food inside and switch it on.
Advantages of microwave and toaster oven combo
- Toaster microwave combo makes crispy and perfect brown food. The hot and dry food processing never allows food to be rubbery.
- Toaster oven has easy option to adjust heat level. No chance of burning food, you can keep your food warm for some time.
- As it is a combination of toaster and microwave, you can use it as replacement of two kitchen appliances.
- You don’t need bake ware for your toaster oven microwave combo as appliances that you can put in oven is compatible with it.
- A microwave toaster combo countertop takes less space in your kitchen as they are not bulky like a microwave or convection ovens.
Disadvantages of toaster oven microwave combo
- Toaster oven microwave is not good for frozen food. It will take longer to cook frozen food and sometime makes food too dry to eat.
- Some model of toaster oven is not so energy efficient; it will increase your energy bill.
- Outside walls of the toaster oven tend to get heated. Be careful; do not touch it while in operation.
Suggested Read : Best Microwave Oven Under 15000 In India 2020
What Are the Benefits of Microwave Toaster Combo?
- Convenience: Not only does owning a device save you space, it also saves you money in the long run.
- Versatility: Think of all the things you can do! You can cook delicious crispy dishes, bake, grill, and maybe even reheat pizzas.
- Space: Microwave-toaster combos are often larger than normal microwaves, giving you plenty of space to cook your food.
- Simple to Use: Although they combine two separate lenses, using this particular device is surprisingly straightforward. With the help of this manual, you will be able to cook all kinds of things very quickly!
- Power: Microwave-toaster combos are extremely powerful, especially compared to the toaster, which even means toasting in less time.
- Mixed Cooking: Many, but maybe not all, microwave-toaster combos give you the ability to use both types of cooking at exactly the same time, helping you create unique dishes!
Best Multi-tasking Microwave ovens available
1. Samsung MG14H3020CM 1.4 cu. ft. Countertop Grill Microwave Oven with Ceramic Enamel Interior, Black Mirror Finish
For those who like to frequent the kitchen, recommend a little more capacity with the Samsung model MG14H3020CM microwave capacity up to 23 liters.
You can easily reheat food Create a variety of menus with an auto cook option. Just press the button and you are ready to go.
950 watts of microwave power, inside the ceramic coating, in addition to being beautiful, it is also scratch and rust-resistant.
The ceramic enamel inner side and mirror finish outer side makes it easy to clean. It also helps prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Mirror finish black stainless steel
- Capacity 23 liters
- Weight 19 kg
- Size 18.1 x 21.9 x 12.3 inches.
- The Counter Top Grill Microwave can easily handle your craving for crispy foods like popcorn or pizza.
- The inside of the ceramic coating is easy to clean and scratch-resistant.
- No more overheating, choose from 10 presets and auto cook option.
Price is high
BLACK + DECKER EM720CB7 Digital Microwave – combination microwave toaster ovens
Best small countertop microwave
Yes, microwaves are useful, but if you have a small kitchen, a countertop microwave can take up too much space.
A small microwave, like the BLACK + DECKER EM720CB7 digital microwave oven is the best to buy.
It measures only 17.3 * 13 * 10.5 cm with a 0.7 cubic foot inside.
With its horizontal touchpad, this microwave is quite easy to use. These are six presets, such as popcorn and frozen vegetables, plus defrost modes.
A countdown timer to indicate the cooking time and you can manually set microwave cooking times.
You will find the large LED display easy to read.
The microwave is made of stainless steel and is easy to clean.
A microwave and toaster oven combo under $100 and the best deal available on Amazon.
Main features of the BLACK + DECKER EM720CB7 digital microwave oven:
- Maximum of 900 watts
- 25 cm turntable
- Includes child safety lock
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave with Convection Function
Best Countertop Convection Microwave
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS microwave oven with convection function does everything a typical oven can do, its convection offers roasting and baking.
You can make sandwiches, buns, fries, pizzas, leafy vegetables, and a lot more in your microwave!
It’s a greener alternative to using a full oven when creating a single dish. It also generates less heat than other ovens. It’s a real boon on hot summer days.
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS is perfect for areas where you can’t have a full oven, such as dorms and RVs or small kitchen space.
In addition to his convection option, it additionally uses smart sensor cooking using 13 automatic configurations.
The hot grip feature keeps food warm until you’re ready to eat without drying out the food.
It can cook with a maximum of 1000 watts, with 10 power configurations to choose from.
The price depends on which color option you choose which is very reasonable compared to its benefits.
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS microwave oven with convection function Main features:
- Stainless steel interior is easy to clean
- 1.5 cubic foot capacity is perfect for families
- Flat signature pad controllers have no openings for dirt to enter
Best budget counter microwave.
Also Read : 7 Best OTG Oven For Baking And Grilling
Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 3-in-1 SpeedWave – Toaster oven and microwave all in one
It’s an air fryer convection oven, a regular oven microwave all in one. Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 is a perfect appliance for your kitchen.
I’ve been looking for an air fryer so this was the answer to my problem. I didn’t have extra space to store a separate air fryer and an oven.
Total fry 360 technology gives you crispy air fried food using little or no oil. It utilizes built-in heating elements instead of microwave technology.
Place the air fryer pan on top of the air fryer and then place uncooked food on the air fryer. Finally, place the air fryer kit on top of the glass turntable.
You can choose from preset, auto programs, or select your own settings. To use an auto program choose one of the options listed then press air-fried twice.
You can cook with convection by pressing convection, turn the dial to select the temperature then press to confirm.
Choose a sensor cook preset then press sensor cook to start using sensor cooking.
You have the air-fry pan and then the baking and roasting pan.
We have a bake, air-fry, roast, microwave convection oven. Auto cook popcorn and auto reheat, defrost option to choose from.
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor (Toaster oven microwave combo)
Best countertop microwave with sensor cooking
Using a microwave isn’t exactly rocket science, but it is not possible to remember cooking time for every recipe.
The Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor uses internal sensors to find out how the food or drink inside is cooking. It adjusts power settings or cooks for a certain time and provides you with the best results.
Sensor cooking choices include frozen pizza, frozen main course, rice, poultry and vegetables, and a global sensor reheat alternative for optimal reheating of any food.
Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor Features:
- 10 power settings of approximately 1100 watts.
- 1.2 cubic foot capacity.
- Large 30 cm turntable.
- Easy to read digital display control panel.
- Power saving mode.
How does a traditional microwave oven work?
The first microwave appeared in 1953. The appliance uses microwaves (electromagnetic waves) to heat or cook food. Below, we explain how a microwave works :
- The microwave is made up of a main device, the magnetron. The electric current (compound electron) flows from a cathode (negative charge ) to an anode ( positive charge ).
- The electrons are attracted with a strong magnet and create a vortex as they pass through several hollow cavities. This is called electromagnetic waves.
- The electromagnetic waves, composed of a magnetic field, are conveyed inside the enclosure via a wave stirrer for a homogeneous distribution.
- The enclosure is a metal box in which the microwaves reflect and penetrate foods containing water molecules.
- The water molecule aligns with the magnetic field, which changes polarity 2.5 billion times per second.
- The friction generated by the water molecules produces heat to heat or cook food.
Suggested Read : Top 10 Things Not To Put In a Microwave
How to Use the Microwave Correctly
Here are some general tips on using microwaves for heating and cooking food.
- To save electricity, we recommend that you turn off the microwave in standby mode when not in use (if you don’t know how to do it, just unplug it!).
- Never put aluminum or metal containers in the microwave oven.
- Do not operate the microwave oven when the oven is empty.
- You can use glass or porcelain and plastic containers that are marked oven safe.
- To heat food (bread, pizza, etc.), it is preferable to cover it with baking paper or to wrap it completely in absorbent paper.
- Do not place tightly closed containers in the microwave oven.
- If grill mode is used, plastic containers cannot be used. Plastic should be avoided when using the combination microwave oven.
What you can cook in the microwave:
Here are the microwaves cooking times for foods that can be cooked in this type of oven.
- To cook a whole fish in the microwave, it takes 7-8 minutes at 600 watts, although the intensity varies depending on the size of the fish.
- For cooking meat in the microwave, a power of 360 watts is recommended.
- For cooking vegetables, a power of 600 watts is recommended.
- If you want to reheat or cook pre-cooked lasagna, to avoid a too soft consistency, at the end of cooking, set the grill mode for a few minutes.
- If you want to prepare an omelet, you can do it with the microwave oven avoiding frying, also in this case, at the end of cooking; you can set the grill mode.
- All foods that have skin – tomatoes, potatoes, sausages… – must be pitted before placing in the microwave. For this reason, you cannot cook hard-boiled eggs in the microwave, they will explode.
- The microwave enhances the taste of salt and aromas, so use them in moderation.
Things you should not put in a microwave oven
The cooking with a microwave requires knowing the actions to avoid for a proper functioning and proper use :
- Do not forget to puncture or slightly open the packaging : with increasing pressure inside the container, if the packaging is not punctured, it may explode in the microwave.
- Do not cook an egg : do not cook an egg in a microwave, it will explode with the pressure contained inside.
- Avoid reheating pasta-type foods (puff pastry, shortbread, pizzas), bread and fried dishes. The food will soften and the taste flavors will disappear.
- Do not reheat carbohydrate-based dishes (rice, pasta, semolina): with a higher glycemic rate, they are likely to increase diabetes, overweight and cardiovascular diseases.
- Avoid overheating food and dishes : cooking is done from the inside to the outside. A dish that may appear lukewarm on the outside will turn out to be hot on the inside. It is necessary to mix the dish at the exit of the microwave for a homogenization of the temperature to avoid a burn.
- Do not place certain containers : a metal container or container containing metal (tin can, aluminum trays, porcelain cups) may cause sparks.
- Avoid heating the milk from a bottle : the temperature inside the bottle is not uniform, the baby may burn himself if one surface is hot while another was lukewarm. Milk can lose its nutritional qualities with high temperature.
How to Choose the Best Microwave-Toaster Combo?
We will go into more detail in the next section, however, as a guide, you should choose your microwave-toaster combo based on the following criteria:
- It should match your counters with available space
- It should work with the power of your home
- It must cover your basic needs
- It should comfortably fit your budget
Making sure these four conditions are met is the best way to make sure you’re buying a great microwave-toaster combo that you could actually use.
Things to Consider before buying the best Microwave-Toaster Combination
Focus on the dimensions of the oven and also, if possible, take measurements of your counter space.
Will it match? Are you going to have to move things around to make it fit? Can it get into the method of using different devices?
Remember that this type of device looks a lot more like a toaster oven than a microwave oven, at least in function, so it can get quite hot.
This implies that microwave-toaster combos should have plenty of space to release heat and should be kept away from other appliances, especially your own stove.
2. Features and Controls
Choose a microwave and toaster combo that has features that you need. Do not go for features that you don’t need.
Are the buttons sizes perfect for you? Is it true that the oven includes interior lighting or a digital display that makes it easier to use? Is the manual easy to understand? Did people of the exact same age or age find it easy to use?
These are the questions you should be asking.
Keep an eye on the wattage of your microwave and toaster oven combination, as this will determine its power exactly.
You also need to understand how much electricity your outlet is capable of producing, as this can also affect the success of the oven.
Let’s face it, the reason you are considering a toaster microwave oven is an advantage, so it is a good idea to start looking for an oven that is simple to clean.
Start looking for reviews that deal with this issue and focus on how easy it is to clean vents, hinges, lights, and some other machine components.
Online stores like Amazon are a good place to look for kitchen appliances. You can check dimensions of the product to know how much space it will require on the counter.
Now that you know what to look for in a microwave toaster combination oven, you are ready to venture out and buy the correct one for you!
You may like to read : Best toaster oven 2021
Alternative to microwave oven
For a comparison of microwave ovens to be complete, it is interesting to take into account the alternatives that may exist.
And in this regard, opinions are unanimous: it is quite difficult to find a microwave equivalent that is as fast as it for reheating, defrosting and cooking food.
The only device on the market that comes close is the infrared oven, which uses the heat of light to cook food.
Its operation is simple: the infrared will heat the entire oven cavity and in particular the water in the bottom of the dish where the food is placed.
Once the temperature has risen, the water will boil and steam the food.
Even though this device is slower than a traditional oven, it is still the microwave that remains the best in terms of speed.
Smart Features of a Microwave Oven
Every microwave has some smart features that let you use your device with ease. The more expensive the machine, the more features it has. Here are some common smart features.
1. Automatic cooking
The automatic cooking feature is a pre-set program that allows users to cook a wide variety of dishes. All you have to do is select the type of food along with the quantity. After that, the microwave oven will automatically adjust the power and cooking time.
2. Automatic defrost
Almost all microwave ovens can defrost frozen food. But some models come with an automatic defrost feature that allows the user to select the type and weight of the food you want to defrost so that you can defrost all types of food.
3. Preheating the oven
Food items such as cakes, pastries take more time to prepare and use more energy. The best option is to preheat your oven to a standard temperature of up to 200 degrees and this should be done before you bake the natural ingredients.
4. Grill function
For those who are buying a microwave oven, it is important to have a grill system or function. This grill function helps roast the chicken. Roast the meat by heating it properly. Cooked thoroughly
Today’s home appliances have this timer feature. Because you can set the heating time Grilled and defrosted without worry. During this time, you can do other activities such as cleaning the house, washing clothes, etc. When the heating process is finished, it will automatically turn off at the preset time.
6. Child safety lock
You should keep your child away from the microwave oven as this can cause burns. But of course, it is not always possible for us to prevent harm to our children. Because sometimes you may be busy with housework. Therefore, choose a microwave oven. Having a child safety lock option will protect them from unforeseen accidents.
7. Control panel
Some microwave ovens have one-touch controls, while others have a mechanical button for operation. These controls allow you to adjust the temperature, set a timer, and select a preset program.
8. Removable Racks
Some brands have removable shelves that help to cook two dishes at the same time.
9. Keep Warm
This feature keeps the temperature low for a long period or until you serve it. It is useful for bread and main dishes.
10. Sensor function
This feature allows the microwave to analyze the time required for cooking.
Conclusion (Toaster oven microwave combination reviews)
The microwave oven is a culinary appliance that was originally designed to heat food quickly. Today, it is a device that has evolved enormously.
Some models can be used as a grill, an oven and can also defrost food. If you have any question regarding how does a microwave toaster oven combo work, ask me here
Large capacity microwave toaster oven combo also compact in size. These Microwave and toaster oven combo got popular as they fit into small spaces.
Once installed, it’s easy to use it. You place your plates, your dishes, your food, your bowls inside on the tray, removable or not, and you adjust the power and the time in order to reheat them. Buy a Microwave oven with toaster built in to save space and money.