For coffee lovers, nothing beats the taste and aroma of a freshly brewed cup of coffee. But as much as we enjoy our daily dose of caffeine, it’s important to keep our coffee machines clean and well-maintained to ensure that the coffee tastes just as good as the first time we brewed it.
One of the essential tasks in maintaining your Nespresso Essenza Mini is descaling it regularly. In this article, we will guide you on how to descale Nespresso Essenza Mini in just 15 minutes.
Not only will it keep your machine in top-notch condition, but it will also help you avoid the formation of limescale in the pipes of your machine.
So, grab a cup of coffee, and let’s get started!
If you are using Nespresso Inissia, find the descaling guide here.
Table of Contents
Descaling your Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee machine
We are going to explain how to descale your Nespresso machine in 3 steps. Here are the steps to follow:
- Step 1. Prepare for descaling
- Step 2. Start descaling
- Step 3. Rinse the machine
- 1 liter container
- Nespresso descaler or universal descaler
How often to descale the Nespresso Essenza Mini?
We recommend that you descale your Essenza Mini every 6 months. Since the machine does not indicate a warning, you must remember when to describe it yourself. Use a universal descaler or the Nespresso descaler.
How to activate descaling mode?
Power on your machine and wait for the buttons to stop flashing. Then press the “small” and “large cup” buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. They will flash rapidly, this means descaling mode is activated.
Step 1: Prepare the descaling
- To dispose of the used capsule, raise the lever and it will be ejected into the capsule container.
- Take out both the drip tray and water collection tray from the coffee machine.
- Empty both bins and put them back in their place.
- Add descaler to the water tank and fill the tank with water up to the indicated line.
- Put a container with a minimum capacity of 1 liter under the coffee spout.
- Turn on the Nespresso machine and wait for both buttons to light up.
Step 2: Start descaling
- Hold down the “Espresso” and “Lungo” buttons for 5 seconds.
- Both buttons will begin flashing. Press the “Lungo” button to start the descaling process.
- The machine will stop descaling automatically once the water tank is empty.
- Refill the water tank with the solution from the container.
- Replace the empty drip tray beneath the coffee spout.
- Press the “Lungo” button again to begin the second descaling cycle.
- Wait until the entire water tank is empty before finishing.
Step 3: Rinse the machine
- Take out the water tank from the machine and rinse it thoroughly.
- Refill the tank with fresh drinking water and place it back into the machine.
- Empty the water collection tray in the sink and replace it with the empty tray under the coffee spout.
- Press the “Lungo” button to rinse the machine with water.
- Wait until the entire water tank is empty before proceeding.
- Empty the recovery tank.
- Press and hold the “Espresso” and “Lungo” buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds to exit the descaling mode.
Your Nespresso Essenza Mini is now descaled and ready to use.
How to reset Nespresso Essenza Mini?
With the machine switched off, press and hold the Lungo button for 5 seconds.
The LEDs flash 3 times quickly to confirm that the machine has been reset to factory settings.
When to descale a Nespresso machine? The frequency of descaling varies depending on the water you use. It is considered that it should be done every 3 to 6 months. To space out the maintenance of the Nespresso machine, it is possible to use a filter carafe. Some machines are equipped with a light that indicates when to descale.
How to reprogram a Nespresso? Programming
To program the length of a small cup press and hold this button. To program the length of a large cup, the operation will be the same but with the large cup button. As soon as the cup is filled to your liking, release the button. Your machine is programmed.
Final Words: How to descale Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee machine
Descaling your Nespresso Essenza Mini is a quick and easy task that can significantly improve the lifespan and taste of your coffee.
By performing this task twice a year, you can prevent limescale buildup and keep your coffee tasting its best. With the step-by-step instructions provided above, you can easily and confidently descale your machine in just 15 minutes.
So take the time to descale your Nespresso Essenza Mini and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee every time.
Incase if you are thinking about buying a Nespresso Essenza, find the buying guide for Essenza Mini here.