The Nespresso Citiz is a coffee machine that combines efficiency and elegance. To save your time and energy in searching for best coffee maker, we have brought the best coffee maker Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review.
It provides all of Nespresso’s expertise by allowing you to effortlessly brew smooth coffees with very rich aromas.
It is inspired by a retro-urban design that allows it to integrate well into all types of modern and contemporary decor.
Nespresso, an Espresso maker, easy to store, use and extremely durable. It is a superior quality coffee making machine that can easily sustain pressure and perfectly works all day. Now, you can prepare your own coffee at ease and can experiment with different flavors.
Let’s check out Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother.
- Nespresso CitiZ D121 Review (Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother)
- A nice urban and compact design
- An espresso of rare quality
- An ultra-fast coffee machine
- A concentrate of avant-garde technologies
- The ease of use of the Nepresso Citiz & Milk
- The ease of maintenance of the Nespresso Citiz D121
- Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review -Milk Frother
- Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review -Brewing Options
- Electricity consumption of the Nespresso Citiz
- The noise level of the Nespresso Citiz D121
- The durability of the CitiZ & Milk coffee maker
- What does the Nespresso Citiz come with?
- Nespresso Citiz & Milk, how to use it to make your coffee?
- How to clean your Nespresso CitiZ espresso maker?
- How to descale the Nespresso Citiz?
- The technical characteristics of the Nespresso Citiz
- Advantages of the Nespresso Citiz
- Disadvantages of the Nespresso Citiz
- Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker Features:
- What choices are available to you when it comes to capsules?
- Tips for getting the most out of the Nespresso Citiz
- Why do you need to descale your Nespresso Citiz?
- Nespresso Citiz or Nespresso Pixie, what are the differences?
- Who is the Nespresso CitiZ D121 for?
- Difference between CitiZ C120 and D121 series
- What is the price of the Nespresso Citiz?
- Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review – Is it Value for Money?
- Where to buy a cheap Nespresso Citiz machine?
- Frequently asked Questions:
- The sincere opinion on Nespresso Citiz & Milk Review
Nespresso CitiZ D121 Review (Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother)
(Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker)
Nespresso CitiZ D121 Espresso Maker with Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother has two programmable button on the top which is easily accessible. These buttons have automatic flow-stop for both Lungo and Espresso coffee preparations. You can program these buttons to set customized amount of coffee to be delivered.
A nice urban and compact design
The Nespreso Citiz stands out remarkably with its refined design inspired by urban decors. It blends naturally into all types of modern decoration.
You can install this machine in a small kitchen or in a small office. Indeed, it measures only 12 cm wide, 23 cm high and 32 cm deep.
A strong point of this model is its reservoir, the capacity of which is much larger than most other Nespresso machines. More precisely, Nespresso Citiz D121 tank can hold 1 liter of water.
The used capsule container can hold up to 10 capsules. The Nespresso Citiz and Milk has a collapsible drip tray and an adaptable grid for macchiato glasses.
An espresso of rare quality
You can be rest assured that you are getting the best coffee consistently over time with the Nespresso Citiz machine.
Its high pressure 19 bar pump its patented extraction system guarantee a high quality cup result.
You can enjoy rich and varied flavors offered by all Nespresso coffee capsules. So make the Citiz machine your main ally to transform the tasting of your coffee into a moment of fullness and well-being that you will never get tired of.
An ultra-fast coffee machine
All Nespresso machines are extremely fast and efficient. The Citiz model is no exception to the rule. It is also equipped with an innovative heating system which is activated in 25 seconds. This means that it heats the water to the ideal temperature in 25 seconds.
Once the preheating is finished, you can start preparing your espresso. The espresso will be ready in 15 seconds, a new record in the world of coffee. Obviously, this time lengthens if you opt for the preparation of a long coffee.
Another interesting point is that preheating is only useful for extracting your first coffee. It is not necessary to reactivate it to brew other coffees afterwards.
A concentrate of avant-garde technologies
- The Nespresso Citiz coffee maker allows you to save precious time in the preparation of your coffee in the morning, because it incorporates many automatic functions.
- It offers you programming the length of the coffee. Depending on your tastes or needs, you can opt for an espresso coffee (40ml) or a long coffee (110ml). The extraction stops on its own. So you can start your coffee and go about something else without worrying about anything.
- You can manually stop the flow of water before the selected cup length is reached. Use this technique if you want a slightly stronger coffee.
- This Nespresso coffee machine comes with an automatic standby function which is activated after 9 minutes of inactivity. This function allows you to save energy and significantly reduce your bills.
The ease of use of the Nepresso Citiz & Milk
The Nespresso Citiz is very popular with coffee lovers because of its ease of use. It has only 2 programmable buttons with light signals. The left button allows you to make an espresso coffee (40 ml) while the right button allows you to extract a long coffee (110ml).
You can personalize your coffee by programming the volume of water. You can use this technique to have a strong coffee or a long coffee. With the Nespresso Citiz, making a good coffee becomes as easy as child’s play.
The ease of maintenance of the Nespresso Citiz D121
Not only is the Nespresso Citiz machine easy to use, but its daily maintenance is also very practical. It is composed of several removable elements that you can wash separately by hand or using a damp sponge.
The Nespresso brand offers various descaling products with which you can quickly and effectively descale your machine. For a successful descaling operation, simply follow the instructions contained in the user manual that comes with the appliance. You can also view the videos available on the official Nespresso website or on YouTube.
Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review -Milk Frother
If you enjoy lattes and other steamed drinks then you will love the milk frother attachment which can be used to create creamy coffee drinks. Having the integrated Aeroccino, any type of delicious recipe that is milk based can be no easier than Nespresso CitiZ D121.
Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review -Brewing Options
Different flavored capsules offers variety of brewing options. Like: espresso, light roasts, double espresso, dark roasts and a list of flavors that you can try. The best part is with each capsule, you can make different types of coffee like espresso, latte or a normal cup of coffee etc.
You don’t have to spend time on selecting – the Nespresso reads a little bar code on each capsule that what type of coffee to brew. This means, you can now enjoy your own Barista coffee shop at home.
Electricity consumption of the Nespresso Citiz
Tests performed on the Nespresso Citiz shows it is an energy efficient machine. We are happy to see that its power consumption remains acceptable, even when it reaches its maximum level during the preheating stage.
Power intake is 120V. The brand has respected its commitment to make this model a high-performance machine that consumes less energy.
The Nespresso Citiz coffee machine automatically goes into standby after 9 minutes of non-use. During standby mode, the power consumption drops completely to zero. It consumes 60% less power than most coffee machines having an ‘A’ grade in power consumption.
The noise level of the Nespresso Citiz D121
Noise is really the only negative point of the Nespresso Citiz coffee machine. During warm-up, it emits a sound ranging from 54 decibels to 61 decibels.
This noise can cause unpleasant hearing sensations, especially for the most sensitive. Though there are other coffee machines with higher decibels, still it is considerably high.
The durability of the CitiZ & Milk coffee maker
You should know that the Nespresso Citiz and Milk is made mostly from plastics. Even if its design is not all metal, it is designed to last over time. The materials offer good resistance to ensure a very long life for the machine.
Also Read : 5 Best Selling Amazon Bread Machine Review
What does the Nespresso Citiz come with?
As you probably can already imagine, the purchase of the Nespresso Citiz and Milk machine entitles you to some additional bonuses which are:
- User manual
- Information brochure
- An Aeroccino milk frother to produce milk drinks
- A welcome pack containing 16 Nespresso Grands Crus capsules
- A standard 2-year guarantee
- The possibility of joining the club Nespresso to benefit from good advice and personalized technical assistance.
Nespresso Citiz & Milk, how to use it to make your coffee?
It couldn’t be easier than making a coffee with a Nespresso Citiz coffee machines.
- Simply place the capsule, close the device and press the left button to start a short coffee (40 ml) or the right button to extract a long coffee (110 ml).
- Of course, the coffee stop is 100% automatic. So you don’t have to watch the extraction, because there is no chance that your cup will overflow.
- You can stop the flow of water a little earlier to produce a slightly stronger coffee. You can also adjust the length of your coffee to suit your tastes and desires. The machine will memorize this length to subsequently deliver coffees that ideally meet your wishes.
- The Nespresso Citiz machine comes with delivery with the most popular Aeroccino frother. You can use it to make a good latte or a cappuccino.
How to clean your Nespresso CitiZ espresso maker?
Like any other coffee machine, the Nespresso Citiz needs a minimum of maintenance to stay functional and looking new. Clean your Nespresso machine following these easy steps:
- Regularly change the water in the tank
- Eject the capsules after each use
- Regularly clean the used capsule collection tray, the tank and the cup holder grid with your hand or a damp sponge.
NB: It is also recommended to clean the entire system of the Citiz machine before the first use. To do this, you just need to run water without a capsule by pressing one of the buttons on the coffee maker.
How to descale the Nespresso Citiz?
You must descale your Nespresso Citiz coffee maker once or twice a year to prolong its life and for it to continue producing excellent quality coffee. For this, we recommend that you use the descaling product offered by the Nespresso group.
Similarly, you can use citric acid or tartaric acid for descaling. You need to dilute these solutions in water and pour the resulting mixture into the tank of the machine.
If you live in an area where the water is very hard, we recommend that you carry out the descaling operation every 3 months.
The technical characteristics of the Nespresso Citiz
- Colors: Black
- Weight: 3.36 Kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 13 x 37.2 x 27.8 cm
- Tank capacity: 1 L
- Capsule container capacity: 10 capsules
- Power: 120V
- Material: Plastic
- Pressure: 19 bars
- Preheating: 25 seconds
- Automatic standby function: yes, after 9 minutes
- Cable length: 3.6ft
- Guarantee: 2 years.
Advantages of the Nespresso Citiz
- Clean and urban design
- Space-saving (ideal for small kitchens)
- Easy to use
- Possibility to save 2 different sizes of coffee
- Automatic shut-off after 9 minutes of inactivity
- Very fast and efficient machine
- Low consumption energy
- Choice of several colors
- Supplied with a set of 16 Nespresso capsules.
Disadvantages of the Nespresso Citiz
- No signal when the tank is empty
- Relatively high noise level
- High price.
Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker Features:
- Automatic flow stop
- Automatic pump refilling
- Power save mode
- Programmable buttons for Espresso and Lungo
- Mini brewing unit
- 34 oz/1 L water tank
- Easy to remove drip tray
- Folding cup support
- Capsule container
- 8-Inches by 13-1/2 inches by 10 inches
- 1-liter (33-3/4-fluid-ounce) water tank
- 25 seconds preheating time.
- Folding drip tray for tall latte macchiato glasses
- Energy power save mode
What choices are available to you when it comes to capsules?
We recommend original Nespresso capsules for real taste of coffee. These coffee pods have intense balanced aromas. No other capsules can beat them in taste.
Prized for their softness, these capsules have something to delight the most demanding palates. To get them, go to Nespresso points of sale or the brand’s official website.
You can also find a large selection of compatible capsules on the market. The advantage is that they are cheaper compared to the original Nespresso capsules. It often happens that capsules supposedly compatible with the Nespresso Citiz machine burst during preparation under the effect of the high pressure of 19 bars.
Tips for getting the most out of the Nespresso Citiz
If you wish to get the most out of your Nespresso Citiz & Milk coffee maker, be sure to observe the following precautions:
- Consult the user manual before first use.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you have a problem with your Citiz Nespresso, first test the factory reset before seeking the services of a repairman. To reset your device, just follow the instruction manual. This operation is very easy to do and usually solves a very large number of problems.
- Use original Nespresso capsules for best results.
- Clean your Nespresso Citiz machine regularly and efficiently.
- Remember to descale the coffee maker at least once a year as Nespresso recommends.
Why do you need to descale your Nespresso Citiz?
To prepare your coffee or to clean your Nespresso Citiz, you absolutely need water.
However, the water contains lime which has unwanted effects on the coffee machine. Lime deposits prevent proper functioning of the machine and give the coffee an unpleasant taste.
The descaling operation essentially aims to destroy all existing lime deposits. It ensures a longer life for the machine and to preserve the taste of the coffee.
Nespresso Citiz or Nespresso Pixie, what are the differences?
It is not easy to choose between these two models, as they have a very similar style and cover practically the same needs.
|Nespresso Citiz||Nespresso Pixie|
|Water tank is 1L||0.7 L Water Tank|
|Slightly bigger than Pixie (5.1 x 10.9 x 14.6 in)||A bit smaller than Nespresso Citiz (4.7 x 9 x 12.6 in)|
|No signal for empty water tank||Signal present for empty water tank|
|Pricey||Cheaper than Nespresso Citiz|
However, the tank and the used capsule container of the Nespresso Citiz machine are a little larger than those of the Nespresso Pixie.
On the other hand, the Pixie coffee maker is smaller in size than the Citiz. Even though the Citiz model is not wide, it has great depth.
Likewise, the Pixie model has an indicator light that indicates when the water tank is not sufficiently full. The Citiz coffee unfortunately has no water level indicator.
The Pixie machine is also cheaper compared to the Citiz.
Who is the Nespresso CitiZ D121 for?
The Nespresso Citiz & Milk is an automatic coffee maker. It’s perfect for busy coffee lovers who don’t want to spend too much time brewing their espresso.
But that’s not all, this coffee machine also has a modern design that reflects the rectilinear lines, marked by the skyscrapers of large cities.
It adapts equally well to classic and contemporary decors. This coffee maker will undoubtedly appeal to all lovers of modernism and design.
The Citiz & Milk is a compact espresso machine. It is perfectly a space saving coffee machine. The energy saving mode is good for conscious people.
Difference between CitiZ C120 and D121 series
It is important to understand difference between CitiZ C120 and CitiZ D121.
Both the machines provide similar intuitive featers. You always get seamless unmatched performance. Check out the differences:
|CitiZ 120||CitiZ D121|
|A modern touch with flatter spout||Retro look with narrow spout|
|It has dotted grids||Slotted Grids button position|
|Buttons are behind coffee lever||Buttons are positioned on the side of the coffee lever|
The differences are aesthetic. Both the machines will serve with good espresso every time.
What is the price of the Nespresso Citiz?
The Nespresso Citiz is a mid-range model. The Nespresso Citiz original espresso machine by De’longhi is available at $120 approximately.
Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine Bundle with Aeroccino Milk Frother by Breville is available at $350.
Nespresso D121-US4-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother is available at $450.
Price of the Nespresso machines differs on their colors. You can choose a color that comes in budget and complements your kitchen.
Capsules are available on Amazon. A pack contains 5 different flavours and a total of 50 pods. It costs $35 which is reasonable comparing the taste, flavour and espresso making process. You can get pods with flavors like Capriccio, Ispirazione Roma, Ispirazione Genova Livanto, Ispirazione Firenze Arpeggio, Ispirazione Ristretto.
Nespresso Citiz And Milk Review – Is it Value for Money?
Yes definitely it is. With a little more investment to this coffee maker, you are not only saving from having expensive coffee from outside but you can now enjoy as many cup of flavored coffee at home and that too in just about few minutes.
Oh, and by the way, the stylish retro design of the Nespresso CitiZ D121 Espresso Maker makes it a very good looking addition to any kitchen counter. You can get the Nespresso CitiZ D121 Espresso Maker in Black, red or aluminum color.
With thousands of satisfied customer reviews and ratings Nespresso CitiZD121 Espresso machine is a best buy considering price and durability.
Where to buy a cheap Nespresso Citiz machine?
For true espresso addicts and design enthusiasts, purchasing a Nespresso Citiz machine is an appropriate investment.
It would be preferable that you make your purchase on a commercial site that you trust. You can order your Citiz securely on Amazon.
Frequently asked Questions:
How do I use my Nespresso CitiZ?
The Nespresso CitiZ D121 Espresso Maker is a single serve espresso machine which makes it easy to brew the perfect cup of coffee. The automated system and coffee capsules ensure that anyone can easily use the machine.
Is the Nespresso Aeroccino worth it?
Not only will you save money brewing your own coffee shop style drinks in the comfort and convenience of your own home, it is also very simple to use for the whole family.
Is Nespresso CitiZ original line?
Yes, the CitiZ is original line of Nespresso Coffee Machine. They are absolutely original and give you original taste of a barista like lugno or espresso!
The sincere opinion on Nespresso Citiz & Milk Review
Appliances that we use at our home directly or indirectly impact our life. We should buy something that meets our need. Something useful in our daily life.
- The Nespresso Citiz coffee machine really simple and fast. It incorporates various innovative features that make coffee preparation easier than ever.
- The Nespresso machines are automatic. You have very little effort in preparing a cup of espresso. The machine makes it, just press a button.
- Nespresso Citiz & Milk machine comes with the most popular Aeroccino milk frother. You can consider preparing latte or cappuccino.
- You will also find in the box a set of 16 capsules offered free of charge by the Nespresso brand to welcome you. Take the opportunity to discover and test several flavors!
- The machine does not have an indicator light to alarm you when the water tank is empty. But the transparent water tank is clearly visible when sufficient water is not present.
- But overall, we find this machine to be a good deal. Not only will the Citiz & Milk machine reduce all the time you spend brewing your coffee, it will also give you an unforgettable taste experience.
- So it is about time that you save yourself some cash and time with a home espresso maker, don’t you think? The currently best-selling Nespresso CitiZ D121 Espresso Maker makes coffee shop grade espresso drinks.