The Nespresso coffee machines are expensive. True. I accept that. But to me quality has a cost. I am prepared to pay for it in certain circumstances.
My Nespreso machine serves reasonably good tasting coffee with minimal effort. Just insert the pods and place the cup for a hot cup of pure crema.
I am talking about Nespresso Vertuoline with Aeroccino plus automatic milk frother by De’Longhi.
Nespresso Vertuoline with Aeroccino Plus Review:
Design of Nespresso Vertuoline:
- The Nespresso Vertuo machine comes with a modern and sleek design. It is quite similar to other models of the brand. But it is more elegant to look at.
- The machine is a bit bulky. It has slightly larger than 1.5L tank. But you can easily place the tank on the back, left or right of the device depending on your workspace.
- Yes the machine takes up a little more space.
- You can adjust the cup rest in four positions to accommodate any type of cup.
- The spout does not let dripping on the counter. It collects drops of coffee if there is any. So you do not have a dirty kitchen counter.
I want to say the Vertuo Nespresso has been thought and designed to bring a note of elegance and originality to your kitchen interior.
Technology Used In Vertuoline Coffee Machine
The technology behind the Vertuo coffee machine is to quickly spin the metal pods filled with ground beans. The centrifusion technology used in Nespresso Vertuoline coffee machine is amazing.
What is Centrifusion in Nespresso Vertuoline single serve brewer & espresso maker?
This is the name of the technology that Nespresso uses in its coffee machines, and it’s quite impressive.
Once you press the button, the machine will start spinning the capsule at 7,000 revolutions per minute (RPM) to blend your mixture to perfection. It will even produce cream if you ask the unit to do so. All in all, this is a great layer of tech for a home brewer.
Check more about Centrifusion Technology :
Nespresso Coffee Makers Capsules / Pods
It comes with 12 welcome pods with different blends and in five sizes ranging from 40ml Espresso to 414ml.
The machine heats up in just 15 seconds. That is quite impressive.
You do not have to collect used pods manually. The machine has used pods storage. It can accommodate 17 used pods.
Speed of the Nespresso Vertuo Plus
Nespresso brand coffee machines are known for their speed. This machine takes only 15 seconds to heat up. Quite fast comparing to other Espresso makers.
The ease of use – Nespresso Vertuo
- The Nespresso Vertuo machine is arguably the easiest coffee maker to use right now. Unlike the Pixie and Inissia models, it only has a single button that turns it on, off and starts brewing coffee.
- The machine incorporates an optical barcode reader which allows it to recognize each Vertuo capsule and automatically adjust the extraction parameters.
- So you don’t have to do much other than choosing and inserting your Vertuo capsule.
- Your Nespresso Vertuo will automate the extraction parameters by adjusting the flow rate, volume and temperature of the water, the duration of infusion of the ground coffee as well as the rotation speed of the capsule.
- Opening and closing of this Nespresso machine is facilitated by an electric motor. The coffee maker opens at the push of a button, leaving you free to insert your capsule.
- Also keep in mind that the ejection of used capsules is 100% automatic.
- Whether you are lazy or busy, you have to pay very little effort for a cup of latte, coffee or espresso.
The ease of maintenance of the Nespresso Vertuo machine
One of the biggest advantages of the Nespresso Vertuo Plus is, very easy to maintain. All of its components are removable and are dishwasher safe. We recommend that you prioritize hand washing to ensure their durability.
Cleaning Nespresso Vertuoline
The design of the Nespresso VertuoLine is also very refined.
- The machine is equipped with a compartment for the pods and a button on the front to start your brew.
- It has a removable and easily accessible water tank for filling, emptying and cleaning.
- Some models are also equipped with a detachable milk nozzle which can be used in combination with the machine.
- The Milk Frother on Nespresso Vertuoline cleaning is also very easy. You can just empty it and wash to use again.
How to clean Nesspresso machine:
- Change the water in the reservoir frequently
- Remove the capsule at the end of each preparation
- Empty the container of used capsules regularly
- Clean the coffee outlet often with a damp cloth
- Clean regularly all removable parts (drip tray, water tank, cup rest, etc.).
- Clean the entire coffeemaker system before using it for the first time. To achieve this, you need to run water without inserting a capsule.
Check this video to properly clean your Nespresso maker:
Suggested Read: Best home espresso machine under $200
Nespresso Vertuoline With Aeroccino Plus Automatic Milk Frother Coffee sizes
The default settings for the Nespresso VertuoLine are coffee, espresso and alto.
You can have different sizes of cups like
- Espresso 40ml
- Double espresso 80ml
- Gran lungo 150ml
- Coffee 230ml
- Alto 410ml
If you wish to have iced coffee, just pour ice to make it.
Nespresso Vertuoline with Aeroccino Plus automatic milk forther coffee machine comes with adjustable tray height!
How to descale the Nespresso Vertuo coffee maker?
I recommend you to descale your Nespresso Vertuo coffee maker at least twice a year. It will help the machine to remain functional for a long time.
Use filtered water in the machine to avoid residue stains in the machine.
Use Nespresso descaling kit to descale your Nespresso machine. It is ultra-efficient and budget friendly.
Check the video to properly descale the coffee machine:
Suggested Read: 6 Best Espresso Machine Amazon Selling – Buying Guide
Nespresso VertuoLine Espresso Machine Size
It may surprise you. The espresso maker is so compact! Measuring 9x 12.3 x 12.2 inches and weighing just over 4.5 kg, the Nespresso VertuoLine is not one of those monstrous coffee machines that take up all of your counter space.
You can simply place it into any room available between your toaster and blender.
As for style, the Nespresso VertuoLine is available in red, black and chrome, which allows you to purchase the specific colour that complements your kitchen design.
Nespresso Vertuo Cofee & Espresso Machine Price
Yes, we said “expensive”. Offered at prices ranging from $170 to $450 depending on the model.
This model of Nespresso Vertuo with Aeroccino milk forther by De’longhi is available at $250.
Once the welcome pack of pods is consumed, you will need to buy new supply of pods. The individual pods only cost $ 1 to $ 2, multiple packs can cost you up to $ 40.
Pros & Cons of Nespresso Vertuoline
Advantages of Nespresso Vertuo Coffee Machine
- It benefits from a new infusion and extraction technology called “La Centrifusion”. This technology allows you to achieve tasty and creamy coffee, cup after cup.
- Coffee preparation is 100% automated with this machine. It incorporates optical capsule recognition technology as well as an intelligent extraction system specific to each capsule.
- The opening and closing of the machine are automated. This is also the case for the ejection of used capsules.
- The Vertuo Plus has a large adjustable water tank (1.7 L) . You only need to fill it once to produce several coffees in a row.
- The machine offers the possibility of choosing between 3 lengths of coffee: espresso (40 ml), long coffee (150 ml) and mug (230 ml).
- The Vertuo coffee maker also incorporates an automatic standby function which activates after 9 minutes of inactivity. The user can extend this time to 30 minutes.
- Finally, remember that the Vertuo machine is silent and does not consume much energy.
Disadvantages of the Nespresso VertuoLine Coffee Machine
- Only works with Nespresso Vertuo capsules.
- High price of Nespresso Vertuo capsules.
- Lack of a water level indicator.
- Price of the machine is high.
As everyone says, perfect temperature for espresso / coffee should be 195 – 205 degrees which is ideal. Nespresso Vertuoline serves coffee at 175 degrees temperature. I found it quite reasonable and didn’t have any issue with tastes.
Also Read : Nespresso CitiZ and Milk Review
How to use the Nespresso Vertuo coffee maker?
- The overall handling has been simplified compared to previous machines.
- First of all, the opening of the coffee maker is automatic. That is to say that we start the movement (we raise slightly, we lower a little) and the machine does the rest. It also ejects the used capsule.
- In addition, the Nespresso Vertuo only has one single button, because there is nothing to do. Two new technologies are combined to make brewing the perfect coffee a snap.
- The brand new Nespresso Vertuo capsules have a barcode that the machine reads. From there, the coffee maker itself manages the amount of water, temperature, etc. We have nothing to do!
- Then, in order to allow the preparation of great coffees without losing any quality, Nespresso developed the Centrifusion technology. This is a better diffusion of water and a rotation of the capsules so that the coffee is good, whatever the amount of water used.
- To make a coffee, just place the capsule, place a cup and start.
Check how to use a Nespresso Vertuo espresso maker:
Frequently asked questions on Nespresso Machine
Nespresso Vertuoline With Aeroccino Plus Automatic Milk Frother Final Verdict
Is the Nespresso VertuoLine really worth buying? Nespresso VertuoLine is not the most sophisticated coffee machine in the market. It is more than enough for people who just need a good cup of coffee to start the morning.
The machine can brew coffees and espressos, so you always get the drink you want. Whether you crave a frothy and milky espresso the Nespresso VertuoLine range will provide it! The Nespresso VertuoLine has a few flaws, but which coffee machine doesn’t? If you’re a Nespresso fan, you don’t even have to buy off-brand products. It simply sticks to the label you like. They certainly offer enough pods to keep your morning tastes exciting and diverse.